Will Trump fire Mueller?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by scurfer, Jun 13, 2017.

?

Will Special Counsel Robt Mueller be fired?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Leroy was out slamming the special counsel on the Sunday Talkies, calling Mueller's investigation a witch hunt. Now it has been leaked that Don is thinking about it.

2. i don't know.

3. I think that he's stupid enough to do it. He hasn't done anything smart up til now, so I don't think anything will change.

4. If he does, I don't even know...

Where does it stop? When do Republicans stand up and say, "This is not normal! Why are you trying so hard to stop an investigation when you've repeatedly professed your innocence?!"

By all means, please do fire him. It'll be like whacking a hornet's nest with a golf club. If Trump seriously thinks that firing Mueller is an option, he's guilty as fuuuuuuuuuck

The funny thing is, nobody even knows what he might be guilty of, we just know he's acting like the cat that ate the canary

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. AG/Deputy AG can fire special counsel for “misconduct, dereliction of duty, incapacity, conflict of interest, or for other good cause, including violation of Departmental policies."

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. No.

Next question.

7. For a bit of historical perspective:

Saturday Night Massacre - Wikipedia

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. What about "trolling"?

9. Doubt he will.. But hope he does for entertainment purposes only.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. If he does he will have to be impeached.

11. I think it is kind of interesting that the question even came up. I wonder if Trump had anything to do with it at all. If he did, I suspect it is just to lay down the groundwork of saying "I could have fired him but I didn't because I have nothing to hide". The reality is probably that he is stuck with Mueller in one way or the other. If he fires him, Mueller will come back in another title with the same job. I think Trump's strategy will be to discredit him by saying "stuff" which will immediately be parroted by the same old alt-media mouthpieces in a "fair and balanced" way.

• Like Like x 1
  12. That's too rational, I'm going with Don seeing something on Morning Joe, gets pissed off and sending Sessions skipping over to Mueller with his letter of dismissal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I really hope so. Please, please, please.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. “I’m not going to follow any orders unless I believe that those are lawful and appropriate orders,” Mr. Rosenstein said, adding: “If there were good cause, I would consider. If there were not good cause, it would not matter what anybody says.”

15. He also said that currently there is not a good cause. I just hope he actually has a set of balls when and if the time comes. Talk is cheap.

16. I sure Hope so
    That will make everyone squirm

17. Good question. For an informed answer I asked my Magic 8 Ball......Very doubtful

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. NYT
    Jun13 2017
    snip.
    In recent days, the president has told his staff, his visitors, and his outside advisers that he was increasingly convinced Mr. Mueller, like Mr. Comey, his successor as director of the F.B.I., was part of a “witch hunt” by partisans who wanted to see him weakened or forced from office. But Mr. Trump has made no decision to act against Mr. Mueller and insists he knows the risks of doing so — but people close to the president say Mr. Trump is so volatile they cannot be sure that he won’t change his mind if he finds out anything to lead him to believe the investigation has been compromised.

Whether Mr. Trump can tolerate a free-ranging investigation, directed by Mr. Mueller, that could raise questions about the legitimacy of his Electoral College victory, the topic that most sparks his rage, will be a critical test for a president who has continued on Twitter and elsewhere to flout the advice of his staff, friends and legal team.

For Mr. Trump, the line between whim and will is always thin. It is often erased in moments of anger, when simmering grievance boils over into rash action, exemplified by the firing of Mr. Comey after a weekend of brooding at his resort in Bedminster, N.J.

• Like Like x 2