Will this work

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by sourapple, Sep 30, 2010.

1. I'm trying to set up a room which I know will be pretty cold starting in the next few weeks here.

It's my understanding that a carbon filter will filter the air being passed through it, exhausting scent-free air.

I plan on simply running a space heater to keep the room warm.

That all being said, what I want to do is have an intake fan and duct shooting the outside air into the room, then have an exhaust duct with a carbon filter on the other side.

I was wondering if I could just exhaust the air flowing through the c filter right back into the room to avoid losing so much heat, as the cold air being sent in from outside will surely keep the room too cold if I keep replacing the air every few minutes?

I have a few thoughts on why this could cause problems but what are your thoughts?

2. First you should run the lights at night. Best bet is to intake fresh cold are when the temps go over 24 C or 76 F. You need a inverted temperature stat. Then you can filter the air and recycle it in the room. The carbon filter is mostly for the last 4 to 5 weeks of the grow