will this work

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by a72demon, Jan 16, 2013.

1. i have a 1foot by 1 foot by 3 feet grow room so im growing small but will the cup size work?

Attached Files:

2. Now the cup size is ok if you're growing a small plant, but you need that cup to be light proof. If light hits your roots they rot away :-/ but yeah man plant some seeds!!!

3. This is like a somebody on a parenting board posting a picture of a penis and a vagina and asking "Will this work?".

4. I agree with Paranoia, you need to get a light proof container. You could probably fit a two gallon smart pot which are nice for small grows as they air prune the roots.

Smart pots also give you an anchor point if you choose to LST, which i recommend do to your limited height.

Is the light adjustable and what sized bulb is that?

5. Lol good one

But everybody has to start somewhere :) good luck with your grow

6. thanks man will do

7. the light i can move down and im using a 100 watt cpl

8. i have put soil in and my seed wont gremate so im just going to plant the healthest looking ones and keep try with the others

Attached Files:

9. What kind of soil is that? Did you add any perlite? Three plants in a three cubic foot space is going to be really tough; you're reducing your plants' productivity by crowding them that much.

Your germination setup looks okay, but might be too wet for the seeds. How long have they been germinating?

Planting them without germinating isn't at all a bad idea. A lot of growers prefer to start in soil rather than germinating first.

Is your light a 100-W equivalency bulb or a 100-W bulb? You need to judge lights based on actual wattage and not equivalence ratings.

10. its mc soil and no perlite that i know of and im doing this because im just trying to get one to sprout and they have been greminating for 4 days now not one has sprouted

11. i lowered the light even more now

12. Okay, the plants don't need light if they haven't sprouted. Keep them warm and moist (not wet) in the soil and the light can be removed for now. It can take up to a week for sprouts to break the ground. This process is all about patience.

MG soil is terrible (but works...) and you need perlite for happy plants. Look into getting a better soil and perlite for your next transplant/seeds still germinating.