Will this work for 5 plants?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Khazad, Mar 9, 2008.

1. I'm making some plans for a grow box but the thing is that I want to use only CFL. I want to grow like 5 plants and I gonna make two rooms, one for veg and the other for flowering. So I made some math ( :D ) and I came up with this plan, for five plants I will use 18 CFL light that are 30w each so 18x30w=540w for the all stages of the growth. 30w fluoro is 2000lm is 36000lm for the plants (I think that is enought). So I'll buy 8 CFLs (2700k) and 8 (6500k) but my question is will the set up grow my plants. Thanks in advance for the answers :smoking:

2. CFLs are great for vegging but lousy for flowering. If you're gonna grow weed do it right. get at least a 430W HPS and make it worth your while. The results will speak for themselves.

3. But will the 6500k CFL grow buds this is my question I don't want pro growing just to keep my stash full and not to give money to the dealers cuz in Bulgaria good bud is hard to find and it's usualy very cheap. But it's not a problem to buy one 400w HPS but I'm not so good with the electronics and I know that HPS lights need some other shits to work (don't know their names in en).

4. 6500K is recommended for veg, not flower, using 6500k in flower is very non efficient. Will you get something? Proly, but not worth the time and effort imo.
    At the very least switch to 2700K cfl's for flower, or as you already know, an hps is best. Much more efficient and I cant imagine having all those cfl's.
    You can buy hps kits with everything you need, already built on the cheap.
    Ballast, socket, bulb, shield.

5. Ups I guess I messed a little with the kelvins :D
    So I'll buy 8 6500k 30w lamps for the vegetative stage and one 400w hps lamp for the flowering. Okay just one more question for light schedule 12/12 how much kw does the hps lamp

6. That depends on your bulb you get?