will this work? -carbon filter

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hawkcg, Oct 1, 2009.

1. These run from 2.99-8.99 at my local pet store and just want to make sure that these would work before I find out by having my house stink, therefore being to late. They are essentially a sack filled w/ carbon and I plan to just refill them when they stop working.

So my question, will these work?

[​IMG]

2. Hi..

Exactly how were you going to use these? You need to draw the stinky air through the filters for them to do anything. Do a search on DIY charcoal filters to get an idea on how to use them.

Thanks

3. sorry I didn't think i would have to clarify their use, they will be in the airflow piping i have. Regardless how i use them, will they work at cleaning the air..

4. I would think so. Even though it is for usage in water, it is still activated carbon. BTW many of the DIY's i've found for filters mention getting the carbon from the pet store.

5. It works, i made 2 carbon filters that work just fine. Both with some aquarium carbon like that

6. thank you

7. I apologize if I insulted your intelligence, it was not my intention ... just sometimes there are some pretty 'interesting' questions from people and .....

Good Luck!