Will this work alright ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dubway, Jun 1, 2011.

1. so im currently planning my first wardrobe grow. So the importmant matter of lights is the main thing. if i use a 100w hps bulb on one autoflower plant, will that be enough to get semi-decent yield ? semi-decent = maybe an O ? i will be happy with 20g or so dry... Will i need a better light ?

2. the HID guys say 50w per plant, so with a 100w hps you will be fine with 1 plant.

3. alright, thanks man :) the lights should not be too expensive then :D

4. If you use HID: 100w HPS/MH will suffice.
    If you use CFL: 100 actual watts to veg, 300 actual watts to flower. (ACTUAL =/= "equivalent")
    If you use LED: 1 plant will be amazing with 1 180w UFO from ProSource Worldwide.

Indica's are shorter and bushier plants...Sativas are skinny and taller than indicas. Indicas generally yield less than Sativas mostly because of genetics (although environmental factors do play a big part.) I've seen Indicas yield anywhere from 1.5 - 3 ounces..I've seen Sativas yield from 3-5 ounces. (Per plant-indoors).

5. about the LED.. unfortunately i dont have $599 to spend on a light :(

and dont forget this is going to be an auto, so they can have the same light schedule/wattage all the way through

6. Okay, 100w HPS all the way with 24/0, 20/4 or 18/6 light...(whichever the strain likes best).