Will this tip off airport security?

Discussion in 'General' started by Bannanamannn, Sep 23, 2017.

1. I have two pieces of tape on my upper abdomen from a surgery im recovering from. I have a flight today and im wondering if security will stop me for having tape on & think its something suspicious. Will they be able to see it through x-rays and become suspicious? I dont really wanna have to explain it to them.
    Thanks !

Sent from my SM-G928P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. IF they ask just tell them you had a medical procedure done. That should be it. They would need a medical professional to even touch your bandage IF they could even get permission to do so. TSA can very easily find any drugs you have on you IF they have a mind to and it doesn' require messing with your bandage in any way. They won' mess with you tbh...

• Like Like x 1
  3. A few strips of medical tape or dressings shouldn't raise any suspicions, assuming it is even noticed in the scanner or pat-down. Unless you're using them to try to smuggle a small weapon or something, you really don't have anything to worry about. Even if you are taking drugs, if you put any effort into concealing them well, you should be fine. TSA is not there to look for drugs; hell, their website says it outright that they aren't there to look for drugs.

People with various medical issues and equipment and who've undergone all kinds of procedures pass through TSA screens regularly, and while occasionally you hear about someone's wheelchair being tested for napalm residue or whatever, the vast majority of folks pass through without an issue.

• Like Like x 2