Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will this tincture work?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MattmPsi, Jan 10, 2019.

1. So if I decarb some BHO and just dissolve it in some everclear and put that in a little dropped bottle will that work as a tincture?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Yepp.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You might consider dissolving the bho into some oil instead to make an oil tincture.
    Your tongue would thank you for not burning it, and you can fill capsules without dissolving them.
    I like avocado best because it has good flavor and is liquid at room temp.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Research how to calculate the dosing strength ...

5. I too prefer an oil based tincture.

6. If you dissolve the bho in coconut oil that works as a tincture too? Thought that was just for edible use

7. Works great.
    I do it all the time.

8. How do you know it's not just working as an edible? Edibles dont work on me and I'm trying to get something that will for sure absolutely absorb under my tongue

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. The truth is I don't know how well oil tincture is absorbed in the mouth, because of insufficient testing.
    Only occasionally do I put about a 15% or less dose under the tongue, but it does seem to do something.
    I also suspect a tincture effect from chewing on edibles that seems to kick in at the 30 min mark.

It's hard to visualize a significant fraction of the thc mass actually entering blood vessels, but that which does is highly efficient.

10. For the best Oral efficiency a very high proof Alcohol will be your best bet. Decarb first then mix with 151-190 proof Clear drinking grade booze.
    Embrace the Burn !! LOL

My Kief-Coconut oil-Lecithin Capsules take 90-120 minutes to kick in and stop my pain when swallowed whole. If I let them melt in my mouth that is shortened to about 30 minutes before the pain fades so Yes there is some oral transfer happening.
    If the pain is a 10 and I need relief right fucking now then Kief - 190 proof Tincture will stop it in cold in under 5 minutes but that is a short lived relief. 45 minutes or so before it comes creeping back much like smoked-vaped lasts on me.
    BNW