Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

will this simple tincture i made work?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MattmPsi, Nov 23, 2017.

1. I don't drink so I'm hoping this would work with just a few drops....

I took 56g of lightly vaped weed some still green..

I put it in a jar and covered it with just enough everclear to cover all the stuff..

Now I'm letting it sit for a few weeks maybe I'll speed it up a little here and there with some warm water baths..

Does that sound like it will work?

2. If it's lightly vaped then it probably should have been decarbed first. I've done some tests that have shown that. It's a little late for that now but it will naturally decarb over the next few months. It may be effective in some ways now. What proof is your Everclear?

There's really no need to let it sit for weeks. The alcohol strips the cannabinoids pretty quick and the only thing you're getting by letting it sit for so long is more chlorophyll and other unwanted polar compounds.

Here's a guide that will work great with bud, trim or avb. :)

Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread

• Like Like x 2
  3. @MattmPsi
    Vaping doesn't fully decarb weed so next time do that step first. (240 F for 40 minutes) Can shorten that to 30 but I'd do some testing before I depended on that short a decarb.
    [​IMG]
    Alcohol strips the THC from the weed in the first few seconds of contact. Long soaks pull more waxes and chlorophyll from the weed and really isn't needed. 10 seconds is all I do and then squeeze with a potato ricer.
    [​IMG]
    My two cents.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. when I say lightly vaped I mean not any darker than brown, it did vary a lot tho sometimes I'd toss pax loads out pretty quick and sometimes I'd stir it and get it all.

But I will definitely decarb for next time thank you guys :)

And word so it's actually been like an hour... So you guys think I can strain it now?

Also one more question, can I strain it with a t shirt? That's all I have

5. Just try some now, start with a couple drops to see how it effects you. Wait an hour to make sure you're feeling whatever you feel.

• Like Like x 1
  6. So update..... It burns like hell under the tongue. Any way to fix this??

7. You can strain it now. A t-shirt will work fine. You'll get some sediment and you can run it through a paper coffee filter to clean it up more after straining.

Instead of using it directly under your tongue, put your dose in a shot glass of water then swish that around in your mouth as long as you can before swallowing. It beats the heck out of that burn. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Will it still work ok if I spit it back out after?

9. No. You don't want to spit it out. You only have a small amount of tincture in the shot glass of water and it contains your potency. What isn't absorbed by the oral tissues goes into your system through the digestive system. If you don't want the alcohol then you should use something else. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  10. It's high proof alcohol. That burn says "Hey I'm Working" It'll become something to look forward to after continued use. If that burn is really unbearable tone down the tincture with just enough water to make it tolerable. You want to hold the liquid in your mouth as long a possible and you want the strength as high as you can stand.
    I don't mind the 190 proof burn as it's just an eyedropper full and it fades soon enough and hits like smoking. Very fast. 15-30 seconds for me to feel it kick in. Under 3 minutes to reach full effects.
    Try mixing an eyedropper of tincture and one of water in a shot glass and toss it in.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  11. The burning.. If I get it on top of my tongue it won't damage taste buds will it? Anyone that's used this long term wanna weigh in on any effects it's had on your tongue? I'm assuming none but I want to be safe I like tasty food don't wanna ruin it and it just feels like it's burning my taste buds lol

12. @MattmPsi
    It's food grade alcohol. It's listed as GRAS. ( Generally Recognized As Safe) for human consumption.
    In excessive amounts it can be harmful yes but the eyedroppers worth we use isn't much more then you'll find in mouthwash and doesn't do any lasting damage to your body or taste buds.
    Tincture made strong to start with your alcohol consumption will be minimal with alcohol acting as just the carrier.
    BNW

13. It sounds like u did it perfectly

14. Can't he put it on one of those coffee warmers or something similar and let it sit? Won't some of the alcohol evaporate?