Will this setup work?? hps/mh

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by tugjones, Sep 4, 2009.

1. #1 tugjones, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009
    I'm looking for advice on a grow box. The one that I am converting is 4' wide, 2' deep, and 2' tall. I was thinking of splitting it down the middle and having a veg and flower chamber. Clones and seedlings will be in a small bookshelf on the side. That makes two 4 square foot chambers, but they are only about 2 ft tall. I have a 175 watt 6500k metal halide I am thinking of putting on the veg side, and a 150 watt hps for flowering. I might put 4 14 watt 5500k cfl's in the flowering chamber along side the hps. I thought that about 4 plants scrog style would be about right. Is there anyway that a 2' tall cabinet will work? I plan on using soil. As far as venting goes, I have a 4" inline ducting fan coming out the back at the top of each chamber. Not sure if I need intake fans, but i'm sure i'll need a few computer fans inside for air circulation. Do I need a cooling tube? Any thoughts at all on the subject would help. I'll try to get some pics up soon.

2. yeah your setup will work. just keep the plants as low was possible using the LST method. You want 6500k bulbs for optimum vegitative growth along side that HPS.

3. I decided to run the hid's with a cooling tube. this will use the 4" in-line duct fan. for exhaust should i get another in-line fan or just a computer fan? I will be exhausting through a homoemade carbon scrubber. i know that another in-line fan would cost me $20 and a computer fan like $10, but how much is a dc converter? anyone?? would i need another intake fan or just an intake hole??

4. welll if your going to go that route. you should just use one of those duct booster fans for your light. the scrubber basically has to be hooked up to something that pushes 130cfm or better WITH A LOAD ON IT (your scrubber), so that has to be hooked upto the inline vortex or whatever you have. if i was you i would just hook the inline up so it suck in air through one side of your relfector (off of your plants) then runs through the reflector, ducting, inline fan, and scrubber and out of your grow. then just use a small ass whatever fan to circulate some air in your chamber. i made you something in pain, enjoy. muahahh

Attached Files:

5. sorry, that is supposed to say paint, not pain. and the drawing is supposed to be the inside of a wardrobe.

6. #6 tugjones, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009
    that is what i was going to do, but i thought that a cooling tube separate from the stinch would drop temps a bit more, do you not think it will be worth losing light in the glass for the cool tube? As of now, I only have 2 in-line fans. can i use them for exhausting through a scrubber and either computer fans or get 2 more in-lines for the light exhaust.
    This is a perfectly scaled and professional blueprint of the specs.Lol. Also this way is as stealth as this design can be.

Attached Files:

• gb.bmp
      File size:
      976.5 KB
      Views: