Will this setup work? Blackstar 500w LED

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LetGo, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Growing now in a 4x2 tent. Want to downsize and make it more discrete.

My idea, is to buy this cabinet from lowes. Already has two divided chambers. The E is exhaust, IN is intakes, the arrows are 26w cfls for light veg.
    Main idea is to still use my blackstar 500w by cutting the roof of the cabinet and still making it light proof, just hang the lights 6 fans outside the cabinet so it exhausts main lights heat. Granted this means I can't move the light however I feel the distance will allow the plant to grow closing the gap.

Shop Stor-It-All 70-1/2"H x 23-3/4"W x 15-1/2"D Wood Composite Multipurpose Cabinet at Lowes.com

[​IMG]
    I want opinions because I dont want to waste 100+$ and find out I cant do it and waste a whole cabinet.
    This is the top of the blackstar, which would be outside the cabinet, side vents and all 8 fans.
    [​IMG]
    ANY INPUT WELCOME!!!
    LetGo

2. do you know the dimensions of the light? my guess is that will still be too hot for a cabinet that size, and you don't need that much intensity for that small space, you don't want to fry the plants, i'd think the 2x4 tent is the smallest you want to run the 500w in

3. If you can hold temps this should work nicely. A little over kill but then I like that in a setup, lol.

4. Seems easier than buying a new light for the grow. I want somethingvirtually silent as far as grow space.

5. I run two blackstar 240's ( 135'ish watts a piece true wattage ) in a 3x3 tent. My temps stay almost too cool for the plants to thrive, but I have a 171 cfm exhaust fan and carbon scrubber in the tent with them.

6. I use a 400cfm fan run on low speed And my house is set to 76-77. And temps stay at 79-81 high in tent My problem is the tents too loud for guests to come into my room. I want people to walk by my closet and assume or hear nothing. Right now the fans in my attic with ducting running to the tent. But vacations will require people to house sit and I cant keep patching the ceiling everytime I leave(I strip down the grow when I leave)