Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will this lower my tolerance?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SpicySkittles, Dec 16, 2015.

1. So I love weed a lot. A little bit to much lol.. And I don't really wanna give up my smoking to lower my tolerance (I barely get high anymore.... Like I can smoke maybe 20 bowls legit and feel slightly stoned, Tried even smoking 10 bowls of 100% kief, hash etc. Still nothing.) So I was wondering if I could smoke a CBD strain (AC/DC to be more accurate) And I stop smoking higher THC strains (Purple Kush, Headband, etc.) Would this lower my tolerance? Now AC/DC does have a little bit of THC but since I'm not smoking as much THC wouldn't it necessary mean it would lower my tolerance? I heard that CBD doesn't affect with tolerance because it's non psychoactive. Just wanted your guys thoughts, On day 2 of just smoking CBD trying to go for a month.

2. Your theory is sound. Many people report just switching strains gets them higher, so switching to something low in THC for a while then going back to it is a good idea.
    Why are you not stopping all together? Is it that you can't, or you use it for medical reasons as well, or some other reason? If it's something like you just enjoy smoking, maybe consider switching to something non-cannabis (I'm not suggesting tobacco, maybe like an herbal blend or something) for the act of smoking, but this way it give you a fuller break from cannabis.

3. #3 SpicySkittles, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2015
    Honestly I'll be straight forward, I really like pot, I tried to go cold turkey but honestly I think I have a really bad smoke habit.. (Although I think this is the case.) I smoke everyday all day lol.(Can range around 5 sessions a day a few bowl per session.. Can range from 3-6) So I think that I think about pot when I'm not smoking (Although when I smoke I only feel like 5% different. Barely stoned. Although I do feel like it doesn't make me as angry.. I have very very bad anger issues and can't really control it as much as if I were to smoke a few bowls.) I really don't know why I can't have enough willpower to get on a tolerance break (As I used to when I started first smoking.) But now I think I got into the everyday smoking habit which really sucks. ._. (I also tried switching from strain to strain, Bought from different dealers and from the dispensary so I know it isn't shit weed. Smoked hash, kief, etc. nothing. Don't wanna try dabs because I know it's just gonna raise it even more.)

4. Still interested for your guys opinion's

5. you are overstating the problem. in your attempt to defeat boredom, you keep losing. Not even a pot of gold will stop that feeling if you can't share it. Change your environment in which you toke. [​IMG]