will this light work?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lucifer Sam, Apr 28, 2003.

1. okay, I've got a 65w floodlight bulb with 755 lumens
    and ive got a Halogen 60w bulb eith 833 lumens..

my question, will either of these produce sufficient light for one plant in a 3x2x2 space?? I'm not looking for an awesome harvest, i just want to say I've grown a plant, and maybe get something off it.

2. sorry but they will not grow 1 plant....you'll need at least a 170w HPS or something close for a 3x2 room......Peace out.....Sid

3. no no its 3feet by 2 feet by 2feet its not a room its a little box lol i am hoping just to yield like a half maybe an ounce or something

4. yeah 3x2 = 6sq feet, you need approx 2000-3000 lumens per sq foot......Peace out.....Sid

5. what if i combine both of those lamps? and if not, how much will a 170w hps bulb cost me?

6. halogen will not work...it will kill the plant with exessive heat and it won't give you any bud......i'm not too sure how much a HPS would cost in the states, but one of the other blades got one in the grow forums for like $200 or something for a 400w......Peace out......Sid

7. 2 1/2 feet tall 1ft 3in wide 1ft deep i actually measured, i figured guestimation is out of style... my friend grew out of something smaller and he got half to an ounce so i know its big enough but will the 65w non halogen work for that little space? if not i can get another one just like it to put in there too

8. just ditch the halogen get an hps if u cant get that just get a shitload of florecent light u will need quite abit of florecent light but if u can't offored hps or mh u can still get some bud with the flo's but u will get way more with hps

9. okay, i know its best to use floros or hps, but thats not my question, i just wanna know if what i'm usuing.two 65w 755 lumen floodlight bulbs, will yield me any bud at all...my box is 2 1/2 feet tall, 1 1/2 feet wide and 1 foot deep, is that enough lumens per sq foot? i could also get one or two small floros, for a little extra light. and this is for just one plant.

10. NO.....the lights you have are the wrong spectrum, and will yield nothing.....Peace out......Sid

11. ohhhhhh screw it

yes it will grow ur plant...go nutz....YESYESYES IT WILL GROW

geeze how many times u gonna answer the same question without listening to the answer

12. good on froggy!lol

anyway, go to a hardware store and get a 150watt HPS security light. home depot = ~$60. Lowes = ~$65:D

13. you'd be surprised... people seem to forget that these are WEEDS... most of the time they will grow even if you didn't want them to... i grew 3 plants with 1 150 W HPS and two 60 watt floros... yield was fairly high too... 300 grams... i would definitely recommend getting a light more reflective of the sun's actual light though, HPS or MH... those lights you have should be sufficient for veg state though... i only used the 2 60 watt floros for it... anyhoo... that's my 2 cents

- skedastik

14. Did this include the leaves, stem, roots and pot?!

15. nope... that's after harvest... i just bought a 1000 w MH as an addition... i would expect more than 400 grams with that light.. we'll see next time

16. So let me get this straight, you got 300 grams of dry weight after harvesting 3 plants under a 150W HPS and a couple 60W flouros?