will this light work? pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blacklighttoker, Apr 24, 2007.

1. i have this light heres the store link its a 13 Watt Rough Duty
    Fluorescent/Spot Work Light
    with 16/3 SJT 6 ft Cord will this grow one plant in my grow box ?

[​IMG]

2. Do you know the lumen output and the operation temperature?

If you're using it for one plant and you place it at about 3 inches above the plant, it needs to output at least 1500 Lumens at a temp of 5000K+. It looks pretty bright so your temp should be fine, but it might not have enough light intensity.

Otherwise, looks like it should work for now, but definitely will not let the plant grow nearly as fast as it could and during vegetation, it would limit the size of the plant, and eventual yield.

It'll probably work, but that depends on what you're looking for. I definitely wouldn't use that. If you could, get a standing lamp for $10 bucks at target and a 27 Watt CFL (1300 Lumens @ 5500K) for $7.50 at home depot. That'll be more than enough to get your plant swimmingly through vegetation. Then for flowering you can just switch the bulb to a 23 Watt CFL (1600 Lumens @ 2700K) for like 3 dollars.

I wouldn't invest too much money on 1 plant... It might die, be male, be hermaphrodite... thing is the cost really isn't bad if you're only spending like 30 bucks but considering the marginal cost of growing 3 or 4 plants when you already have the shit to grow one is almost inexistent, why not?

All I'm is that anything worth doing at all, is worth doing well.