will this light work for beginning stages?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ixBeachbumxi, May 13, 2010.

1. im going to try again with growing and im getting some bag seed (mid seeds) tomorrow. i was wondering for the first few weeks if a F40KB ECO
    SP30
    40W
    Kitchen and Bath Ecolux would work. There are two of them in a hood that is above the pool table in my house. also idk what these mean but these two things are circled on the lights.
    E
    and
    Hg

so ya...i was thinking about just putting the plant on a stool on top of the pool table so its close to the lights in the beginning stages just to get it/them started then eventually im gonna transplant them outside and hopefully get some beautiful buds...then again im gonna keep my standards low seeing as its my first time adn expect brown me-hi-kan shwaggy dump! but w/e i'll learn from my experiences and once i get a place of my own i'll do a proper INDOOR, LEGIT set-up ;)

2. Is it a good light to use? I think so. From what I googled it seems alright but I couldn't find the spectrum it gives off. The question you should have asked is "Is it enough?" to which the answer would be no.

Maybe for a seedling until it gets it's first set of true leaves, but not enough to fully veg under. You would probably do better with a south facing window.