Will this kill my plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iliketosmokepot, Jul 26, 2009.

1. I have 3 in a five gallon bucket filled 4/5ths the way with some good soil and light ferts.

Can i produce smokeable marijuana this way? im not trying to get monster plants so some root growth restriction wont be too bad, this is my first grow. ill post more questions as time moves on. pics very soon.

2. MURDERER! No but seriously some of the plants will die as their roots fight for the space. How big are they?

3. Simply, no.

4. #4 iliketosmokepot, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
    Well i had them in something about half the size until now. they seemed healthy just a bit small. this is a link back to the original thread i posted that got buried, everyone told me to transplant so i did. it has pictures of before and pics of them now will be up shortly. http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/431223-growing-outside-organic-weed-bible-belt.html

i like how you said, that shit bluntly. but no on smokeable bud or it killing my plants? thanks for givin it to me straight hehe.

i've seen lowryder growing much more cramped with beautiful plants. Why that and not this..?

5. Lowryders have a smaller root structure but they still need theyre own pot,.when the roots branch out for nutes they will take it from the soil, but growing plants are like kids they need alot of food, and when theres 3 kids competing for the same food they will fight each other and leech each others nutes. killing each other. Most people on here use a 5 gal bucket for 1. Have you ever seen how big a root structure gets? Your going to have to seperate them dude. For your ladies.

and you'll only get smokeable bud if the only surviving plant is a female, but if you have 3 plants and the only one left alive is a male then your sol dude

6. Not sarcastic at all, but if they leech eachothers nutes wont they still be getting nutes? they were all growing fairly fast even with the original cramped conditions. Im using miracle gro (yes i know, time release bad, but its all i could come up with, i used it very lightly so adding a small amount more in a while shoudnt hurt, i think) shake n feed time release. they have a solid 8 inches of soil underneath the root balls i transplanted to grow down, and theyr'e growing into non fertilized soil with perlite. make any difference? they seem to have pretty good room now. they werent infested in the original bucket. ill move them anyway sooner or later... would 2/12 gallon buckets be ok if it was1 per plant? these are on my balconey and i can only do this stealthily if i have smaller plants.

sativas btw...

probably doesnt make a diff.

7. Sorry about the sarcastic tone bro.

Sativas will become huge my friend, once they hit flowering stage the roots will get huge thats where your likely to run into a problem. 3 root systems competing for the same food source just wont end well. Because eventually one will grow bigger and take more food from the others. Those will get weak and die, ya dig? I would honestly try to get them in seprate containers ASAP. And if your worried about height(which you should be, Sativas get huge) try LST. It will keep your plants down low.
    Heres a link
    Best of luck to ya

8. The way i saw it done way to let them grow together till they hit flowering then yanking the males at first sign to give room for the rest. there all EXACTLY the same age.

its some good reggie bagseed so i doubt any chance of having to deal with even 2 females.

so if i'm left with a single female or even a herm it would have nutloads more room the minute it needed it- when it starts flowering.

any ideas?

maybe i should just quit bargaining and do what you say but im not ready to abandon my idea just yet.

blazin' a reg' bowl and lovin' it by the way. Very tasty:smoking:

9. Im not going to lie I've had multiple plants in a pot till I could sex them, I worked for me a few times, but there were a few other times where the other root systems died and got my only other plant sick..The only neg thing I can think of tho is how hard would it be if they all 3 turned out to be ladies..Its so hard to willingly off one of them.
    I do feel like a jackass because I somehow missed this crucial part of your plan....
    Anyway if you dont think you could kill another female, move em, if you can kill them and keep the best one without a second thought then no worries bout having em together. Theres always a risk of hurting the plants tho. Just be careful what ever you do bro.

10. #10 iliketosmokepot, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
    CUNIFORM! yes i yelled that.

thanks alot.

i do NOT think there will be more than one if any but if there is i will take every measure to preserve it if i think it may be possible.

but say theres a single female, will it matter if it has a full five gallon bucket but its root structure is a bit more that a bit on one side of the bucket? or will i need to transplant to the middle?

*eyes like stoplights*:smoking::smoking::smoking:

11. No worries dude, thanks for the rep!

Im a little confused tho dude

12. yeah it was man lol that answered it. i repeat haha, for the 3rd time, im blazed. hahahaha.

i replanted them in an even triangle so imagine what it would look like if there was one plant but in the same spot as i just described.

13. Gotcha bro! I wish I was baked...fuck writing art history papers!
    thinkin bout starting a grow journal?

14. Just saw ur pics, and My only concern is that theyre kinda yellow, and they might already be root bound if you decide to move them that could shock them something fierce. <these now are my primary concerns for you

15. I thought about a grow journal but i have no camera. and i already posted to threads about these plants so i already feel like im spamming. I'll certainly update one of the threads as time goes on but not often.. id like to though. probably the thread i left the link for. but yeah i see preflowering so i should know soon enough;D check here sometime for pics. i think ill do a shitty picture of the plants new home through my laptop. it wont be a good pic though. heh...

stoned rant^^

16. [​IMG]

not a great picture the plants look alot prettier than that. youll see as soon as i can borrow another camera

now im off to quick trip for munchies!

17. from what i read you have 3 plants in 1 large pot ...you already transplanted them n got rid of the males how many were females?

18. I transplanted them perfectly, felt no rips at all when i moved them. Used two hands to hold as much dirt around it as possible so i got em good. I'd have to say it was a perfect transplant all and all,

and guess whattt

the roots werent connected at all like everyone had been warning me, needless to say that ruled.

19. No, these are preflower plants.. I intend to remove the male plants as they turn male, and yes id be surprised if i got a female too with so few plants if thats what your thinking (correct me if im wrong.) if they were this small and already mature enough to flower i would cry.

20. Hey, bud... what kind of lights are you using to grow? Or are those outdoors? Sorry if I missed it. I just think they look a tad bit stretched.

Oh, and by the way... if you do have multiple ladies, and the odds are just as good that you have 2 then if you have 1... you should start coaching the root systems. You could get 1 or 2 packs of shishkabob scewers and stab them deep into the dirt side by side forming a "fort" type wall to keep seperation of the root systems.