Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will this keep me from getting a job?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by goodolddays, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Just a regular part time job at a Safeway or something.

- Possession of Marijuana / Paraphernalia ( cop found crumbs of weed and a foil in my pocket [with a dub in my tiny pocket, he didn't thoroughly check my pockets :devious:])

-Stealing from a supermarket (I'm not sure if this is on my record or not, because they didn't have sufficent evidence to cite me, I forgot where I put my offense papers so just disregard that one. I'm pretty sure it isn't on my record.)

-Possession of explosives (Chinese fire crackers on Chinese new years)
    Yeah I know, I have the most petty crimes on my record. I did alot of stupid shit in my past, you don't have to remind me. It's all behind me and I'm not proud of any of it because it's all coming back to bite me in the ass.

I can pass a drug test right now because it's been 2 weeks since I've smoked a blunt, so that isn't an issue.

2. honestly, i dont think they will give a shit about the fireworks. cuz like, there fireworks.. but about the weed, it depends on the manager i guess, like it could be a person who is totally against weed but agian it could be someone who doesnt care, as long as you dont come to work stoned you know, but i think it depends on the person. thats my opinion,

ps. the stealing part mightr fuck you over, but as long as its not on your record and he doesnt know then yeah

3. yeah man, that's probably one of the stupidest things I've done in my past... getting caught.
    Hopefully some managers will be smart enough to know when someones changed their ways. (hopefully not too the extent that he will know to drug test me.):p

4. i dont tihnk they will go to that extreme, just dont go to work stoned and make a good first impression :p good luck

5. Yeah, thanks :smoke:

6. You are wright. I really appreciate you thought.

7. Well, the only problem for the OP is I have a feeling that you're going to have some explaining to do if anyone looks up your criminal history, because all they may see on "official" paperwork is the charge itself, which "Possession of Explosives" can get people thinking your a terrorist these days.

Unless the charge itself goes on to explain that it was over fireworks, that's where the explaining is going to come in.

OP, if you were asked about your criminal history on the application, or if you feel they will run a criminal background check, I would probably bring this up beforehand at the end of the interview to clarify that there were a couple of silly things you did in the past involving fireworks. Your upfront honesty might be taken a bit better than them just reading the charges.

8. If its just a job like working at Safeway or something like that, you are fine. I worked at a Safeway when I was in high school and I worked with the biggest degenerates ever. Half of them were recovering hard-drug addicts, and had tons of shit on their records.

Good luck, bro.