Will this homemade pipe/bong work and is it safe?

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by LonelyStonerx, Oct 14, 2011.

1. #1 LonelyStonerx, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
    Okay, so I was really bored and decided to make a pipe/bong out pens, sockets and bottles. I don't know how safe it'll be though, since there's all the duct tape plastic involved. I know I should go get the proper gear, but I'm a total noob and I don't need to spend my money on stuff until I know I'll enjoy weed. I wouldn't know where to buy the stuff anyway. And I like being resourceful.

Here it is, sorry for the horrible picture quality, it's from a webcam.

[​IMG]
    Here is the mechanism I've made. It's built with pens, duct tape, sockets, and two pop bottle lids put together. The socket on the end can slide out, and it has one of those grills from Apple earbuds as the screen.

[​IMG]
    Here is it in a seasoning bottle, as a bong. I made an attachment at the end of the mechanism for a bigger bong bottle.

[​IMG]
    Finally here is just the socket in the seasoning bottle, as a pipe.

I have too much time on my hands, I know :p. All the stuff, little baggy of bud, and a lighter fits in the bottle, so it's pretty convenient. I can put the wrapper back on it and it so it just looks like a bottle of cinnamon as well.
    The suction on these are like 90%. Will it be safe though? I don't need to be sucking in toxins or whatever.

2. Yeah, it should be fine as long as you keep your lighter away from the tape. Also, trust me, you'll enjoy weed. Though I agree, you shouldn't buy a piece until you're really serious about smoking weed. Like, you pick up more than a dub when you go to buy.

3. I recommend you completely eliminate the Plastic/Tape and resort to glass, metal and rubber. You can easily find parts and pieces around your house, just think outside of the box ;)

4. Wouldn't rubber be worse than tape? It'd melt easier it seems like.

5. Throw it out man no good and certainly not an enjoyable way to smoke. You don't have $5 to buy a little shit pipe with ? Anythings better than that yo

6. I don't get how what you smoke out of makes a difference in enjoyability, isn't smoke smoke?

7. yeah itll work real good buy a bowl though. i know i used homemades for like a year when i first started tokiing but i deff recomend picking up a chillum.

8. I'm not big on smoking plastic or duct tape.

9. You'll get high different ways. It's not just all smoke though :mad: you can
    do deferent things with water that make it better or worse for you. I like never smoke joints bec I have a glass chillum butyou should get some glass bro, it's legit!
    Peace