Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will this hide bud smell?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jakichan77, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Basically, I've been smoking for a while and the only place I've ever really smoked other than outside is my friend's house. I was planning on going to said friend's house Friday and coming home Saturday to hang out with my cousin. I've thrown a lot of money into my group of friends who basically take it for granted, so at the beginning on Friday I was going to let everyone know that I'd be taking a bit home to smoke up my cousin for his first time (I've already informed my friends I'd be doing this). Only issue is I kind of don't have my license at this moment because of a failed road test so I'd be driving with my father back to the house.

We get some pretty high-grade shit, smells through bags, so I made a little contraption and was wondering if it would mask the smell of bud appropriately. I took apart a hi-lighter (classic) and took the inside felt marker part out. I then put a long plastic baggie on the inside and then the back of the marker that you can pull off and put on would clamp down over this baggie. I was planning on putting some ground up weed into a mini plastic bag, then roll that up as tight as I can to fit into this marker contraption which has ANOTHER plastic bag in it that would be clamped shut by the end of the marker which I can only get off with a knife, so I'm assuming it's pretty air-tight. There's nothing I can really test it out with at my disposal at the moment. Let me know what you think.

2. Well of course it smells through bags. Just get a mason jar. Bags don't hide the smell haha

3. It sounds like it might work for a short period of time but not sure. It might not at all. Maybe you can leave your window cracked on your way home so there's fresh air flowing in the car just incase some smell gets out. Ground up weed smells more then nugs tho so you know. Maybe don't grind it if possible. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. id just get a mason jar
    i know they sell them pretty small
    or just another glass container that could be substituted for a mason jar :b

5. Depends. If it's dank enough, the smell will find its way through all of that, and you're sitting in an enclosed space so your dad will surely know. If you really need to, just douse the marker in axe or something....Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I've had a quarter oz in a bag, in a mason jar in my friends car and they didn't know it was in there until I told them. It only faintly smelled in the compartment of my backpack it was in. I recommend backpacks and mason jars.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. pill bottle or mason jar. no smell escapes and its the simplest fix. 

8. hell no what the fuck is wrong with you butthole

9. Baggie inside a smelly proof inside an empty soda bottle.

Smell proof and inconspicuous

10.  I remember one time as a freshman I had some weed in my backpack that smelled just a tad any ways going home with my mom I could start to smell it so I took my shoes off and put them on the vents of the car so it would smell like foot oder worked great.

but if you can bring along a backpack maybe with a laptop or something just to lesson suspicion get a small mason jar or air tight container and put it in there with some dryer sheets and you should be good.

11. Worked great. You can only smell it if you take the cap off or the back off. 2 bags and a marker tube does the trick for small amounts. Thanks for the advice everyone.