Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will this fuck up my grinder?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Venatrix, Sep 14, 2012.

1. My kief screen is clogged to the point that literally no kief has made it through to the catcher for a couple of months. It's time to fix that, and I'm determined to do so without wasting anything that could get me high. I already tried freezing it, to no avail. A friend of mine suggested putting the screen over the downstem-hole (is there a name for that? is it just the carb?) of a bong and smoking the kief straight out of the screen. That seems vaguely feasible, but it concerns me since the wires of the kief screen are so fine. Should I give it a shot, or will that almost certainly ruin my grinder?

2. That sounds like that'd work, just dont keep the flame on one spot for too long

3. take your entire grinder, and let it soak in some isopropyl alcohol. Pour the iso mixture after the grinder is clean, through a coffee filter into some sort of flat glass baking dish, with sides so it doesnt spill everywhere obviously. Let the iso evaporate. Scrape up the leftovers with a razor, and congratulations you have some hash oil

4. This. Even if you didn't want to save it to make oil, ISO or other cleaners (Grunge-Off, etc.) will clean your screen. I clean all my grinders every few months.

And it's awesome when you clean them. Man, do they grind "like new" again... :smoke:

5. it will ruin the screen after time heat degrades the metal.

just use ISO as suggested. i used to keep it in a bag for like 2 minutes with ISO and then shake it up,

also just let the ISO evap in a dish and then you can get a little bit of hash lol

6. That sounds grand, but I'm in college and I have none of those tools available to me right now, nor do I have the money to buy them just to clean my grinder. So would smoking the screen work? (Another thing I don't have money for is a new grinder.)

7. Isopropyl costs a dollar for more than enough to clean your grinder. I dont reccomend putting heat to the screen at all.

8. haha, dont forget to filter it though... so much plant matter gets stuck in grinders

9. i always use and old tooth brush to clean my screen in my grinder works perfect just keep the actual keif hold still attached to the grinder and brush the screen and most of the keif will fall through then i just carefully take a piece of paper and scrape what little is on the tooth brush into the holder. i usually just use my kief to top off bowls but i also have just used a small piece of bud big enough to cover the hole and dumped my kief into the bowl and smoked it.