Will this ever finish or do I have something wrong?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by orgasmicgrower, Jan 27, 2013.

1. This is my first time running these strains and I am fairly new to growing. I am growing medibud, jack the ripper, green crack and sour grapes. We're at week 11 now and these things refuse to finish. Just when I thought the buds had stopped growing, now they are busting out with separate spiral shaped buds from within the main buds.

Setup is RDWC, scrog and 1800 watts indoors in a grow tent.

Any ideas?

All hairs are brown..... but I have 100% clear trichs.

Attached Files:

2. Those strains you mention have a pretty high sativa genetics in them esspecially the JTR. They"ll take awhile. I have the same things happen to me in the later weeks when the tops start gettin shaggy and shootin out little dread locks. It's almost like a second flowering. I'd just let em keep going. Also is the 11weeks counted from the day of 12/12 or day of flower set?

3. Usually them strains grow more like haze i would think it might be a 14-18 weeks but allways check for light leaks cus i might b wrong

4. #4 orgasmicgrower, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2013
    Counting the 11 weeks from 12/12. Thanks for the info. Good to know I am not alone!

5. #5 OUtlAnDeR, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2013
    Those buds are "foxtailing"; I would guess they are about done.
    Some people differentiate between this and "dreading" or "crowning".
    Personally when I start to notice, I leave it for a tad longer and then chop.

Curious enough; did you happen to flush before the foxtailing occurred?

6. Outlander could be right usually when it foxtails it means trics will be changing soon and fast i would gues the next week or two so keep ur microscope handy!

7. all all of the strains foxtailing like that?
    if so thats kinda weird and interesting..

ive found foxtail phenotypes to usually be favorable to other phenotypes of the same strain.

keep an eye on the trichs
    and keep posting pictures =]

8. Hey guys,

GOOD question.... I have not flushed yet. I was waiting for even a trichrome or two to turn cloudy / amber and still don't have any so I have just been waiting.

Only the medibud is really shooting out like this. It's also the strain that has the shortest flower time from what I understand.

Thanks again.

9. Few more pics of the spiraling buds....

Attached Files:

10. You always could clip on of those foxtails off and quick dry it to test how done it is, some strains just don't turn amber,;) I don't recall who it was, yes I do, alivetoknow grew out jamacan dream, the first time he let it go way past what the breeder called for and it never did turn amber and the smoke was just eh, second time he grew it, he went with the breeders recommended time and it was an outstanding smoke, just saying ya know!:D:smoking:

11. Well - it finished! Ended up with just over 1 gram / watt. The medibud went nuts and produced 1/2 lb per plant. Same with the Jack the Ripper.

I'm happy! :hello: :smoking:

Attached Files:

12. Did you just get 1800 grams?? :eek:
    I would say you're happy.

13. I just came.....

14. Actually ended up with 1900 and then another 300 grams of lower buds / shake / sugar leaves. :D :D

15. Well...that's pretty good for a first grow, I guess. Hopefully next time you can get over that 5 pound hump.

Seriously though, if you need to fill out your entourage give me a shout.

16. Haha... thanks ;)

17. those are some really nice buds man, Good job :wave:

18. If you were to put 1800 grams into 1.0 $20 bags you would gross $36,000.

If you were to put 1800 grams into .80 $20 bags you would gross $45,000.

Just something to think of .. And yes, You can do it ! :)

19. ^^If you wanna be scum of the earth you can make a few more dollars, congrats

20. Was just weighing out two diff options ( see what i did there ;)

I wouldn't personally off anything shy of its weight but to each his own