Will this Drying Technique Work?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by weediologist, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Hey
    I just cut my plant today i got maybe like 2-3 wet ounce wieght i have picture below of the harvest, i harvested at 59 days or 8 weeks 3 days....now the first picture is the technique i used to dry the buds hang in the box with 2 sides cut out for air circulation and i have a fan blowing in the box at low speed...is that good? or bad?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I would flip the fan over and have it "pull" air through the box.

3. agreed..you dont need as move movement b/c of the air as you need just fresh air..

edit: wow that sounds like i was extremely messed up when i typed that.. i have no idea what i was trying to get across, haha

4. yea its drying in a cardboard box in a closet that is in a open area thats dark now i made the closet 90% dark, i pulled out one of the smallest branches and touched the bud...its was like wet as hell like someone put water on my bud...is that normal for drying since i guess its sucking all the water/juices from the stems...cause my stems are thick too...so is that normal? i just touched my bud to check it i know am not suppose to...so help me on this question please.
    thanks for all your help on this grow i hope i get some good bud of this. ill probobly dry for 6-7 days and cure them for 2 weeks that good enough or do i have to do more?

5. Why not just tie them with a string and hang them upside down in your closet and eliminate the box. I guess you don't want to have your clothes smell like weed? LoL. Anyway, your drying and curing times sound fine. Don't touch them or worry about the wettness, they will dry. That should offer you some nice smoke when they do. Great grow man.

6. There's a technique for making jerky that i know of. You take a box fan and those filters for houses and apt. Pref. the non-fiber glass kind. Take and get like 3 of those air filters and buy 2 of those stretchy things with hooks that people use to tie down things to a truck bed.

place weed inbetween two of those filters. take the stretchy things and place the filters on either side of the box fan and tie it down.

sorry, i'm having brain farts for some reason

7. thanks for all the replys i woke up today and my room reeks like bud now so i guess that is good cause it didnt smell the first 2 days till today the 3rd day.

8. I would love to see this bud when it is cured. please take a pic for us :smoke:

9. i will in like 3-4 days after the drying process

10. okey i dried my bud for 5 days then cut the buds of the stems and let it dry out more on a newspaper in the bottom of that box. I got about 3 onces and 1/8th of dry wieght out of my 1 plant and it was my first grow and baggie seeds...am soo proud of myself i did better then most 1st and pro growers. so i put them in a airtight jar and today i pull out a bud to smoke it was wet again....i know every 24 hrs you have to open the jar for 2 hrs for gas exchange how long do i have to do that open and close and how long do i have to cure??

11. Im proud of you you did a good job but heres a few suggestions try get some silica gel to put on the bottom of the box and some towels under that to suck up moisture also I heard if you put marbles in the bottom of your jars its more air circulation RainbowTurtle.com less chance for mold

12. thanks for the info i ll probobly lay the buds out again for 2 days on some towels or newspapers.

13. remember dont let them touch cause one molded bud is better than 3 remember that P.S I never grew nothin in my life I just read alot lol :D

14. i wont let them touch