Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will this downstem work for my setup?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pngwyn, Sep 23, 2011.

1. If I have a Syn tube with 14mm slide, and a 18/18mm Headford ashcatcher, could I use a SG downstem 14/18mm gridded downstem to connect the two?

2. Probably belongs in Toking Tools, but...

If the downstem is 14mm on the end that goes into the tube and accepts an 18.8mm (commonly called 18mm) slide, what you're describing should work. Links to these components might help to figure out what you're asking :)

3. I think the site is banned so I can't link it.. >.< its the first thing if you google "SG gridded downstem"

4. I stopped reading at "SYN"

So I could go pleasure myself while thinking of your SYN.

5. From a site that starts with another word for H2O?

That looks right to me. 14mm on the tube side, 18mm on the AC side.

6. (from this thread)

So, I think I was completely wrong before. Sorry, got a little confused :smoke:

18mm ground joint = 18mm tube side
    14mm side joint (should prolly be "slide joint") = 14mm AC side

So, no...this won't work with your tube (assuming I'm reading it right this time!)

7. Crap, this is what I thought. Thanks T_T gonna smoke one up to make myself feel a little less worse about buying the wrong piece. (I only bought the AC so far, but I wanted to use that SG stem damnit!)

8. Hmm...was trying to find a 14mm ground -> 18mm slide adapter for you; thought I've seen them before, but I'm having the hardest time finding one. That would solve your dilemma :cool:

9. Not a very accurate description so I'm a little confused but I think you're saying you have a 14mm stem join. 18mm ash catcher. replacing your stock downstem, that is just a 14mm, with the 14 to 18 would work.