will this do for a growbox/room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jayjay62982, May 6, 2011.

1. Hi I am totally new to growing i have 2 plants about 1 month old that i started from bag seed I am reading alot but it gets kind of confusing. So this is what i got going i started my plants outdoors and recently brought them in i have a empty guest room and i lined a blue recycling bin with mylar and i have 6 micro mini cfl lights 1,450 lumens 6500k per 1 light i wanted to know is this sufficient even though it is in a large room here are the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. yeah it will work.. your plants look nice from what i can tell... cant wait to see it when your flowering...

also you might wanna consider replacing the foil tape on the sides with mylar or pandafilm.... if you can find some scratch...

and what are you going to do when your plants are in flower and cant have light? any sort of filtering going on?

keep it up, start a journal

3. Thanks I am totally new to this any recommendations will help I need to do it as cheap as possible for building a setup that they can stay in for veg and flowering stages any advice please and thank you I will start a grow journal I think 1 plant is female I am seeing white hairs and the other I guess to soon to tell

4. is it normal for if you look at the plant in the darker colored pot first pic to start showing female characteristics also i am seeing a few red hairs on it i planted both plants within a week of each other i got them from bag seed they are almost 2 months old

5. That will suffice for veg and flower if u lst and then find a way to lightproof it. You need the capability of total darkness with plenty of airflow as for how u go about achieveing this ots up to u man ALOT of shit works lol u can aleo look into pc fans for air run by the grow room set up thread and also look in the diy and micro grow threads they will help alot with ideas. Happy growing

6. thanks brownie i started lining another recycling bin and i am probably cut the bottom off and use some thing to cover the 2 recycling bins stacked on top of each other also i turn the ceiling fan on in the room when i have the lights on is it good that my plant is starting to flower so early almost only 2 months or is it normal also can i keep both of the plants on the same lighting schedule 18/6

7. From My experience ive seen it usually takes about two months or so for some strains to show sex. There not flowering per say there just letting u know they where bras.

8. So does it look like a female the plant in the first pic

9. Brownie I really appreciate the tips and your opinions some people forget what it was like when they were just starting

10. The way i look at it is im still new to until i know everything im new i just have a little more experience then some just as some have more then me. Good luck