Will this carbon filter work?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by stealthgrow2012, May 3, 2012.

1. I was going to get this S&P TD-100 fan - HVACQuick - S&P TD Series Inline Fans

It's only rated 100 cfm but for my small stealth grow with cfl's it's plenty. The only reason i'm even getting one is because I want reliable odor control with a carbon filter and I've read numerous reviews that there are the most quietest fans around. My trouble is finding a proper filter for it. I found this mini one from HTG< HTG Supply - GrowBright Pure Flow 4 Jr. Carbon Filter, which I think would work but it's rated for 150-265cfm.

Will this still work with the TD-100?

2. #2 RO76, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
    If youR inline fan is pulling more CFM of air than carbon filter allowed then you have a problem . If your carbon filter made for more cfm than inline fan you will be ok , as long as inline fan is not extremely weak . I do not know anything about quality of those Items you listed above , but I did lots of searching before getting my equipment but honestly I can not recall those....they might be quality items but I guess not very popular .... I personally use Vortex fans and PHRESH carbon filters , good quality , zero odor .

3. Thanks for the input, I've done a lot of searching and I've found a bunch of great reviews on this forum and others about how it was a good quiet fan. My main issue is noise, it's going to be enclosed I the grow box but I'm more worried about the rushing air then the fan itself. How loud is your vortex? I've only got a small space I'm working with, about a 3.5' x 4'.

4. Don't cheap out on carbon filters. I know it's tempting, but it's worth investing in carbon scrubbing, if you want to keep your garden stealth. I recommend Phresh Filters, as they work great and are very light weight. Can filters are good, too, but they are significantly heavier.

I'd stay away from the HTG filters, I've used two, and they're only good for taking up space.

5. Behind closed door during the day time you can barely hear it 10ft away,farther than that no noise that would alert anybody (I had friends passing by the door and it did not raise their attention ) ,with PHRESH silencer (I have 4" and 6") practically silent at the same distance (it cut down noise by at least 50%)