will this beat genetics

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by stikyWeedFinger, May 4, 2010.

1. I have heard that after som many generations that the plant will get nasty, like 20 of 30. if this is true then what would happen if you wanted to breed then would that be a new generation......I just thought about breeding havent done it yet, still on first grow

2. Plants do not "get nasty" after a few generations. If this were true all plants on earth would be "nasty" after their millions of years on the planet.

If you breed two plants, the offspring is a new generation.

3. so clones of clone and so on never go bad

4. Well clones are the same generation as their mother plant. I don't know if mothers/clones can be kept forever

5. what if you breed it dont the genetics change so then I would start out with the first gen. perpetual sea of green, I dont know if im going to keep others long

6. if you cross it with a differant strain then it will be a hybrid....if you breed it to a brother of that clone then it would be considered a ibl ....breed it back to the parents of that clone would be considered a backcross of that clone....

7. where did u get that maui gold from....jus wondering....

8. bought an 8th had two seeds in the bag:)

9. in a bag left over from a sack:)

10. only two in a bag I had

11. where did u buy it from?im from maui and I never heard of that ever....only pineapples are named that...

12. Got the bag in Vegas from a guy who said he got it from a connect in HI. He's hawian so I believed him. He said its maui gold. The weed was no shit gold and bomb any ideas of what gold weed from HI. Could be?

13. you have Kona Gold ..only one strain grown in hawaii turns gold ( that I know of ), and it is more from the soil used, and location on island, then the plant itself. Volcanic soil is not big in nutes....

sorry off topic there....

but on topic ..this is a little technical, but a good read

MJ Botany chap 3

14. Good read. But it was a dude and is now dead.

15. I thought it was Kona Gold too...On Maui we dont have any weed that is called that...Only weed I know named after Maui is the Maui wowee and the Maui blood...I know alot of strains from here nothing called Maui Gold...

16. the weed looked gold and was from HI. thats all I know. I cloned it before I killed him because I want his genetics so im gonna keep cloneing it is bananas dont grow until I want them to

17. could be a strain privately bred, just because we've never heard of a strain doesnt mean it doesnt exist somewhere.