Will this be safe?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by TheBay, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Alright GC, so I need some expert electrical advice on if this ok and safe enough. I live in sunny California and since Im legal through Prop 215 I'm going to grow around 4 plants in a grow tent which is going to be out in a shed outside under a 600 watt hps(dwc). I know I need to control the heat inside the tent? You think if I have about 700 cfm total in there it would be good. I'm getting the Dr120 by Secret Jardin.

Now to the electrical stuff. So my house is pretty old so all the outlets are only 110 V. I have two outlets attatched to the outside of my house which im planning on running one extension cord on each outlet. Do you think this will cause any trouble with all the lighting and the condition im in. Sunny California In a shed which is outside growing in a grow tent under a 600 watt hps.

Note: The shed is made out of this metal and is painted white on the outside. Suprisingly its not too hot in the shed.

Also, how much do you think it will cost to ground it to the shed? I want the best and safest procedure to follow.

2. any input will be helpful!

3. Call a electrition an tell him u want an ooutlet in the toolshed for a miter saw or something lol.. It wouldnt be too difficult for him to do it. Or jus say u want power to ur shed.
    Always best to let the pros deal with the electricity imo

Dutchie

4. If ur having issues with heat. Try to insulate the inside of ur shed w rigid insulation. Get it at any hardware store.