Will this be ok?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by alwyzblzd, Oct 10, 2008.

1. #1 alwyzblzd, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
    Found a seed in some really good herb, so i decided to put it in a damp napkin in a ziploc in my dresser. After 3 days it had a white sprout so i found a pot with soil at my house and threw it in there. It was a spur of the moment deal so i just sat the pot on my windowsill and 2 days later it had a sprout coming out of the soil.

Now i want to seriously want to grow this. I did not want to construct anything fancy or spend alot of money. i also wanted to keep this project on the DL. I have a huge sleep number box from when i bought my bed its about 5' tall X20" deepX20" wide ( This box is very sturdy i nailed it to the wall it does not move). I hung a 24" 75 watt grow light in the corner of the box with the bottom about 6" from the floor. I have another 15watt 18" fluro tube light just chiling not mounted to anything. Also hung a 60 watt soft white light bulb directly above the plant. I will be adding 2 fans and putting mylar on the inside when i get time off work. i want everybody else's input on this setup.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tried adding some pics but can't seem to figure it out

3. u kinda relly need a bulb with 100watt+ to grow a good plant butt u should beable to grow with what u got. pic would help alot more if u need more help just repost back here

4. How do i post pics? This one is different than all the other forums i am on

5. k when u about to type somthing u shoudl see a lil pic thta says insert image

in right under undo botten and redo botten then jsut add the web site where u upload your pic from if u more help jsut ask ill check back in 5 mins

6. #6 alwyzblzd, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

7. you should move that 1 light like 1 feet away not 3 inch from the top of plant {frist pic}

8. I have a working 400watt MH bulb with balast sitting in my garage and it works! i think it would be overkill for this grow though. I will move that light up a little tho

9. my lil babys are under 400 watt sytem only like 5 days old

10. Ya im only growing one. I wish it was like a 150watt cuz i would be set

11. I hate to say it but thats not gonna work to well any thing that grows there will be coincidental
    it wont live for much longer..

but I really hope you prove me wrong

12. What makes you say that? Its getting mylar put in it and different lights.

13. - more light
    - more plants (you don't wanna find out you've been wasting your time when youfind out its a male.)
    - odor control
    - decent vent system (since your using CFL's)

i suggest you take a look at other CFL set ups on GC, there are some really good ones.

good luck

blunts and bongs

14. Ya im am planning on getting more lights and adding a few more plants got some seeds germinating. As for the Ventilation i got that handled i am a 3rd year HVAC apprentice just have not had any time to do it.

15. cool. so maybe you can help me out with my vent system >.< lol
    yea after looking into some CFL setups yesterday, i've decided i'm gonna be veggin CFL, and flowing HPS. hopefully with some good results.

=) good luck to ya,

blunts and bongs
    nez