Will this be ok to power fans

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Buds245, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Hello, I have 2 120mm 12volt pc fans, I had found this power adapter and am planning to splice together and use it to power them. Will this do the job?

Attached Files:

2. all I see is a black square. what is the rated mah and voltage?

3. "Input 120v ac 60hz 14w
    "Output 12v DC 500mA"

4. yeah that's great, you can run several fans on that. just make sure you run it parallel and not in series as multiple fans will share the voltage otherwise

5. Sweet, happy I found this lying around. Also would one 120mm 74cpm fan be okay with a carbon filter? I've been hearing it won't be able to pull thru the filter much

6. how many amps does it say on the fans?

7. Says .13A

8. yep should be good then.....

with 600mA you could run like 3 of those fans on it safely. For safety you should run 80% of the available power if it's continuous...so for 600mA you have 480mA. (kinda)
    3 x .13 = 390mA.
    A 4th fan would push it to 520mA .. which probably would be fine...but a 5th fan would most likely burn out the inverter over time.

I know that's way more info then you need....but I'm really bored atm :D

* oh and on the carbon filter... you should be able to pull through a filter with those fans ...I use weaker fans and they do fine. Just be sure to use a filter with alot of surface area such as the pencil holder style one.

9. Awesome, I've seen what your talking about, only thing is I have the carbon pads rather then loose carbon