Will this be clean enough?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Primo_hash_oil, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Ok so I'm just wondering if my glass pipe is clean enough to use now. I just cleaned my pipe with rubbing alcohol and sea salt. I put the alcohol and sea salt in the pipe and shook it up several times. I even used some quetips and rubber paper clips to get 99% of the tar out of it.

But anyways back on topic, when I got done cleaning it I washed it out with hot water for like 15 minutes. I just let the water run through it. This is probably going to sound dumb, but after I washed it out, I smelled it to see if could smell any tar or cleaning solution; It smelt clean lol. I'm letting it sit outside in the sun right now for an hour to ensure it completely dries out. Do you think it will be okay to use now, do you think it's clean enough from the cleaning solution?

Thanks for any help, bros.

2. Your fine dude

3. 15 minutes of rinsing? I'd say your in the clear once it dries out man. :laughing:

4. If its dry that means it evaporated.

5. [quote name='"tnh"']15 minutes of rinsing? I'd say your in the clear once it dries out man. :laughing:[/quote]

I know, right? Lol

Thanks for the help guys. :)

6. That is one of the best cleans I've heard of, I usually clean my pieces before each use and rinse them after. I've never let anything dry out really, figure that the alcohol gets washed out during the rinsing.

7. [quote name='"Sylace"']That is one of the best cleans I've heard of, I usually clean my pieces before each use and rinse them after. I've never let anything dry out really, figure that the alcohol gets washed out during the rinsing.[/quote]

Thanks, I'm a bit of a perfectionist sometimes lol :)

8. Alcohol evaporates very quickly- significantly faster than water. You're more than fine man. Enjoy your clean bowl!

9. [quote name='"Jazzyj"']Alcohol evaporates very quickly- significantly faster than water. You're more than fine man. Enjoy your clean bowl![/quote]

You're the one that got hit by the suburban right?
    You feeling better yet?

10. [quote name='"Primo_hash_oil"']

You're the one that got hit by the suburban right?
    You feeling better yet?[/quote]

Hahah, indeed I am. I'm doing alright. I got discharged from the hospital yesterday and am spending the next couple weeks at my parents place. I feel bad being a burden to them, but they're being super cool and helping me out a lot. I'm really thankful because I would be beyond screwed if they weren't around.

11. :laughing: I just wash the pipe out for a minute with hot water when I'm done cleaning then wipe the outside dry and pack a bowl. I think you'll be okay.

12. Lol you got the best avatar on this site lol

13. Yeah, I know what you mean. I had a pipe for three years that was spotless. Not a single bit of resin in it and I made sure to clean it weekly. Then it broke last week. It has since been replaced by my new 18" beaker.

14. Sorry for the noob ignorance but why would it not be good to smoke out of if it wasn't completely clean?

15. It is easier to clean your pieces if you do it before they get totally gross. I do mine once a week, even if I only hit it once.

16. Ah, I was under the impression that it was good to let the resin build a bit for pipes and what not without filters especially to prevent ash being pulled through, this site has a lot more info that my friends do.

17. I use daisies or seamines or jax in my dry pieces. That stops the ash well. The only exception would be the one hitter. I just draw slower with that when it is clean. Every once in a while I still eat one though. HAHA.

18. [quote name='"Jazzyj"']

Hahah, indeed I am. I'm doing alright. I got discharged from the hospital yesterday and am spending the next couple weeks at my parents place. I feel bad being a burden to them, but they're being super cool and helping me out a lot. I'm really thankful because I would be beyond screwed if they weren't around.[/quote]

Well, I'm hoping you the best of luck, that you heel fast. I doubt that your parents mind helping you out, i bet theyre just glad your okay.
    I want a cruiser bike. I rode a dirt bike for a little bit and I had a reck. It sucks recking lol. You can check my profile for the thread I made on it, if you want.

19. [quote name='"T1S"']Ah, I was under the impression that it was good to let the resin build a bit for pipes and what not without filters especially to prevent ash being pulled through, this site has a lot more info that my friends do.[/quote]

Actually, from what I understand, letting tar build up in your pipe is a really bad idea. I think the tar effects the smoke making the smoke bad for your lungs, I think. I just know the cleaner the smoke, the easier it is on your lungs. And your alright, ask all you want, better to be safe than sorry.

20. It's right and wrong in different ways. It does make it easier to pack bowls and not pull through ash, but the downside is you will be smoking a little bit of resin whenever you smoke weed, making it a harsher and worse hit. Clean pieces are definitely better just because the taste is great and the airflow is perfect.