will this affect my drying bud?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stealthzzz, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Hello everyone.

I'm here with another question to enlighten my knowledge.

I have an Inline fan and a carbon filter that exhaust into another room. Will the carbon in the air affect my bud if I were to dry it in that room? Would it reduce the odor?

Thanks in advance !

2. Dry it in the tent...easiest place unless its occupied. No drying outside of it with a carbon filter exhaust wont effect it. Would it reduce odor...if its in the tent you will reduce odor to next to nothing though.

3. [quote name='"rhapsodyrcks"']Dry it in the tent...easiest place unless its occupied. No drying outside of it with a carbon filter exhaust wont effect it. Would it reduce odor...if its in the tent you will reduce odor to next to nothing though.[/quote]

That's the thing, I'm running 3 diff strains so 3 diff harvests. I just want to make sure the potency and such won't get lowered because of the carbon in the air.

4. [quote name='"stealthzzz"']

That's the thing, I'm running 3 diff strains so 3 diff harvests. I just want to make sure the potency and such won't get lowered because of the carbon in the air.[/quote]

You'll be fine

5. You want to dry the bud in the space that the carbon filter exhausts to? If so then no it won't reduce the odor. If you are scrubbing the air from the space that the buds are drying in then yes it will reduce the odor.

6. There isn't really carbon in the air, the air is sucked through the carbon.no the "carbon in the air" will not effect the taste or quality of the bud. But if the odor isn't pulled through the filter then the smell during drying won't be hidden.