Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will they give me a recommendation if my blood pressure is high?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by SpecialUnicorn, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Hi, so I live in CA. I really want to get my medical card, but I read somewhere that they take your blood pressure at the clinic and if it's too high they will tell you to come back. In the past, my blood pressure readings have been borderline hypertension(ie:138). A few times it has been over 140. So I bought my own blood pressure cuff and compared before and after they took my BP at the doctors. I took it in the car before my appointment and it was normal range, around 128. Then they took my BP in the office and it was over 140. The nurse left and I took my BP again with my portable cuff, and yes it was higher.

So I think I do get anxiety when going to the doctors..will this prevent them from giving me a recommendation? I know it prevented my other doctor from prescribing me the birth control that I had originally wanted because they said my blood pressure was too high, despite me telling them I had white coat anxiety. I also forgot to add, when I take my blood pressure at home it is always around 128/130.

2. read the do I qualify thread.