Will they germinate if the temperature drops to the 50's for a period of time?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wh1t3w1dow, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Preparing for an outdoor grow next spring.

But say during germination at night the temperature dips down into the 50's, will it die or will it just slow germination down a bit? It'll most likely be in the 70's or 80's during the day though.

I could bring them into a shed or put a box over them at night if it would be a problem.

Also, will using a ziploc bag for the beginning as protection/greenhouse be fine?

2. why risk it? seriously.. grow inside or wait for summer(unless it is summer there)

3. I can't grow inside and this grow will be next spring/summer.

I could even wait until June to start them where it will be in the 60's or 70's at night but that's a month late as the plan was to start in May.

Like I was saying, I could even bring them in at night if the 50's will kill them?

4. I've read any frost temps or near frost temps will... If its cold enough for the dew outside on the lawn to frost a little, i think that would tell you... Although even if it doesn't it may still just be risky :/

5. Alright, well I figure if it's 55 outside at night while they're germinating, putting a box over them at night or putting em in a shed will be fine right?

I'm doing a test right now with germing seeds outside and it's like in the 40's at night so we'll see.