Will they ever be successful grows?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by EASYlivin, May 30, 2008.

1. I've planted around 30 plants in miracle grow potting soil scattered throughout my woods on my own path. they dont get much sunlight, but i figured they would still grow because of the heat and such. Theyre about a month old and theyre about 5-7 inches tall. They have a total of 9 leaves on them so far. (2 main oval leaves)(2 jagged ones ) ( 2 more jagged ones)( 4 jagged ones growing from center point)

I know that they are growing slow, but will they ever amount to anything? What do you guys think?:confused:

2. not in miracle grow they wont. and since they dont get a lot of sunlight they most likely wont amount to much. id suggest getting a different soil, such as fox farm.

3. So are you saying all 30 will die? Or they just wont have a ton of bud? because i can live with that.

4. i would change soil and change location the rule of thumb around here is 4-6 hours direct sunlight, plants dont grow from heat they grow from sun/grow lights

5. come on, there are alot of ppl who have used mg soil with good results, i wouldn't reccomend it, but now that you used it, theres nothing u can do, if they've made it this far i don't see what'd stop them from still going. the plants will be pretty small at harvest tho.

6. Yeah, MG soil isn't the best but its 100% fine, I've only been using MG soil and never had any problems except for spider mites

Heat doesn;t help grow plants
    Sunlight does so a good crop requires at least 5 hours of direct sunlight

7. Well what kind of soil do you think i should use. i mean. they are already planted in the ground. It might be too late. But ill take some pics for you guys today.

8. MG soil is fine outdoors, don't worry about it

If your plot doesn;t get any sunlight, then theres nothing to do except to find a new better sunny spot

9. okay so i moved about 7 plants into a sunny spot. The only problem is. this new spot is closer to the road. No biggie. I mean, its on my property. :) I found another spot too. So ill be moving about 5 more there.

ANOTHER QUESTION.

How far apart should each plant be from eachother?

10. thats not a good thing there on your property... get fucked oveer

11. miracle grow is not that bad, its not the best for the plant but its a damn weed, it would grow in beach sand under good conditions.

12. Yea I find you get really fucked off the bud you grow on your property because you can tend to it so much easier so its better quality bud.

13. Yeah but i have 1.5 acres. I have woods and such. So I cant get caught guys. :cool:

I moved 15 plants into a sunny spot that gets 10 hours of sun a day. So I hope they recover from a month of no sun. lol!!!

14. I would never say I can't get caught, thats like asking for some crazy ass shit to happen. Maybe Im just too superstitious.

But, back to the topic, nothing wrong with growing on your own property man, if you got the land, use it. Just be careful and dont say things like I CANT get caught, lol. I wish I had 1.5 acres, Id definitely have some ladies growing. Like gord said, you can tend to them better on your own property, and will probably end up with a better final product than someone growing remote and cant visit their plants as much.

Good Luck this year.

P.S 10 hours of sun is awesome.

15. Thanks man. :smoke:

16. instead of growing 30 just grow about 5 and take good care of em. get em some sun, alot of root space, and some fish emulsion and theyle get huge. why both with 30 small plants when you can prolly get the same amount of bud or more from way less? just my philosophy anyway

17. Yeah. thats a really good idea. Next year ill probably plant 10 and treat them good. Thanks for everyones advice. :D the more the merrier

18. One of the plants that was moved from the dark woods to the sunny area. Look how bad shes streched. :eek: they are all like this. Will she survive? Suprisingly this plant is over a month old. She was moved 4 days ago. It rained today too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. I grow on my own property too and I don't worry so much about getting caught as I do about the cops or rippers finding it. Either way it's gone. The only time I worry a bit is at harvest time when I am tranporting it to my drying set-up. Otherwise I don't know who put it there. Actually, the cops here never even ask, they just destroy it, as one cop said "nobody ever knows how it got there".

20. Yeah I wont have a problem with transportation of the final product. I have 1.5 acres. Plus, Houses arent close together in my neighborhood.