Will These Lights Work?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Weston6969, May 29, 2009.

1. I am going to start with 2 plants, maybe move to four but if i do then i will get 4 lights. Will theis be enough light for two plants?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. The general rule of thumb is 100 (true) wattage per plant. Unfortunately with those CFL's the actual wattage is only 26. So you would technically need 4 per plant.
    However, the 6500k 'daylight' spectrum is the best for the veg period.
    Although many growers suggest switching to the 2700k spectrum for flowering.

All that being said, I succesfully vegged 3 plants with only 220 (true) watts. By success full I mean they're still alive, I'm sure if I added more lights they would be even bigger, but I'm trying to keep a smaller grow space.

3. Good spectrum, but the pair are only 52W. You need a lot more.

4. the pair are just fine to start with, those 2 wont need backups for a month or so. if your only growing one. if your growing 2 you need 2 more most likely in a few weeks instead of month.

remember to keep them close about 3 inches from the plant with a fan going to keep plants below 85/90 degrees

at lowes they have packs of 5 for 11$ of 6500k and 7 packs of the 2700k for same 11$

thats a perfect start!
    make sure you read the stickies for beginers. they are extreamly helpfull