Will these lights get me Busted?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nu-bube, Sep 14, 2009.

1. You guys definitley have me thinking 400 watt H.P.S.

It will be another month or two before I can start buying stuff. Thank You all.
    Mick

2. Ooops, I meant H.I.D. not H.P.S. (I think that's right.)

3. Actually you're right on both hehe. HID = high intensity discharge. HPS = high pressure sodium. HID is just a way of saying that you're using a metal halide, or a high pressure sodium.

I guess an HID is a class of light (ie: HID, CFL, LED), and the MH or HPS is the type of light.

4. Nonsense, there are some great growers doing micro grows right now, all floro.

5. Another thing on power companies...they are not going to 'turn you in' if your power consumption goes up a bit. Why should they, it's a business and they are making money. Typically what happens in a scenario is the cops are on to you for some other reason, whether a friend, neighbor or whatever and your power records get subpoenaed to solidify an already building case against you.

My power has gone from 150$ in the winter months (250$ in the summer because of home cooling) to averaging 1000$ per month with 2000watts of HPS, a portable A/C unit, 2 6" vortex fans, 12"in vortex fan, 8' bulb T5 for veg tent plus the other things, air kings, etc. I'm not worried (other than paying the bill...lol).

6. That's crazy.

I'm running 1000W now, plus 6' vortex, 2 box fans, and 2 small axial fans.

My bill went from 20$ to 80$...

but I'm only running 12/12

1000$ bucks.. what the heck. Your AC's probably creating half your bill. I bought a 10k btu portable and used it for awhile, but those things use a lot of juice.... Now I run at night and use a box fan in my window to draw cold air in... works better than the ac did. 15$ Lasko Box fan For the win!

7. Keep in mind a 600W creates twice as many Lumens... 600W cool-tube ftw.

8. Yeah, the A/C is bumping the bill. That's one of the drawbacks about where I live. We had 2 months straight of 100 degree temps where the A/C was mandatory. I run my cycles at night as well. Now we're in the 90's..lol. My power bill is generally expensive without growing as I have a fairly large house (3200 sqft) and have to cool that with A/C as well.

I'm really looking forward to winter months where my fresh air intake allows me to turn off the A/C.

9. Jbyrd, I feel you on the 100 degrees +. Can't wait for it to cool down

10. you want to know who is in jail from humboldt from power bills? The three guys they busted last year that had 16-20 thousands in their houses, weren't living in them, and most importantly were on the low income government subsidized program. As soon as your on the CARE program the gov. has the right to fish through records to find you.

11. I keep my 1000W HPS 10" from my plants... No bleaching, and they are growing faster then most Journals I see. They love it.

12. if u don't think florescent lighting flowers weed worth a shit, check my SOG journal I'm sure you will be surprised