Will these fans work?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by GeorgiaOKeif, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Hi, I am in the process of converting a cabinet to a grow space. I am going to have two chambers, one for vegging/clones and the other for flowering. It is a small space, and even though I am using CFLs, I am pretty sure I'll need some sort of ventilation. I also want to make a carbon filter (the one with the pencil cups) for the grow. Just a couple questions.

These are the fans I want (Amazon.com: Coolerguys Dual 80mm USB Cooling Fans: Computers & Accessories)

are they powerful enough to push air through my carbon filter? and if I am using both fans for exhaust, will there be enough air flow if I just drill some 1 inch holes at the bottom for fresh air to come through?

thanks

2. Depends on how big your grow space is?

3. Thanks sparkalow, That is totally just what I was looking for! Should I get some fans for air intake or if I just drill a couple of 1 inch holes in the bottom will new air come in when the old air is exhausted out through the filter? (I am just gonna have a filter on the flower section)

EDIT: My grow space is a cabinet that is divided into two sections. each is about 1.5x 2.5 feet. I am doing an auto right now (Big Bud) and I was gonna LST.