Will these bulbs do?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Davinci6, Dec 23, 2017.

1. These bulbs are 15watt I have 60 watts in total will they be ok for now??
    [​IMG]

2. Its the colour spectrum that counts mate... i would say no they wont grow a thing ...

3. What would be some good light bulbs I can get

4. By all means try em you might get lucky.... but ya want fluorescent t5 or cfl.. cfl are pretty cheap

5. Just seen this on the box it says 5000k
    [​IMG]

6. Daylight is about 5500k so theyare in the middle the lumens are very low a single cfl is norm triple that 6.5k is best for veg... but give it a go m8

7. Ur not as far off the mark as i thought u would be

8. What are my chances of success I don't want to waste time
    I have about 6800 lumens with all 4 bulbs going

9. Theyre weak lights. Dont expect much

10. I used those to start. The plants didn't grow very fast and are probably stunted but it's bagseed and my first grow so Make sure it's pretty close to your plants or they are going to stretch like crazy.

Sent from my Z982 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #11 Davinci6, Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    Breaking the plastic off think that will help
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. honestly.. if you're trying to get your toes wet i'd suggest buying a "low end" but proven light for $65 on e-bay. mars 300.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Itl get you started ay done mine in a coberd with 200w normel home lights and it grow ok the ay got 600w dule spect hps [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. No no and more no! It will be a complete waste of time!

Really, nearly 2018 and were still suggesting t5's and CFL!?! LOL

This, minimum stater should go with Mars or VIPARSPECTRA. Plenty of starter grow journels on here to read along and have a look.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nice looking buds! Next time though train her to grow wide, you'll get a lot more from your 600w...

• Like Like x 1
  16. M8 with all due respect big big big horticultural organisations have not made any move towards L.E.D... GAVITA are still the industry standard.. as is t5. Universities and attraction size gardens are still hps.
    So keep laughing...

L.E.D. have yet to be proven! Thats a fact

17. No done led yet on wy to traying it got 600w led of ebay for £40 wonder if the flowers go better or just stick ta hps lifhts