Will there ever be a World War III

Discussion in 'General' started by maxrule, Jan 7, 2009.

1. I was wondering how many people think there will ever be a WW III and how many think it will never happen.

In my opinion it has to happen.

There was a WW I and a WW II so in my mind WW III comes next.

I have a copy of History of the World by Oxford Press here and it seems to be full of war from cover to cover. I don't think there has been a day in human history that there was not a war going on somewhere. :rolleyes:

2. your a stoner.:hello:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I actually think we are already damn close to a world war 3. Just wait till america gets into this whole thing with Israel, then it all goes down from there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. My man is exactly right

5. real shit guys. its sad to say but that shits bound to happen

6. Before the end of world war two, man did not have the capabilities to destroy the entire world.

As such, I don;t believe a third is possible. It might start, but we would all be gone before it can turn into a "world war"

7. Yes, but I don't think it will be in our lifetimes. I think the world is gonna go downhill until there is WWIII, and then it will get better again.

8. You can never rule it out, but as far as a full scale global conflict between every industrialized nation and undeveloped nation happening again sometime soon with the death toll up in the millions, i don't think so.

There will be wars, but I doubt that there will be another war that will reach such an incredible level of destruction as WWII so long as industrialized nations keep their alliances, and the concept of deterrence stays alive.

• Like Like x 1
  9. not true. august 1941 Einstein sent a letter to Franklin Roosevelt explaining about the atomic bomb and not giving it to germany. This created the manhattan project with Oppenheimer which lasted for four years resulting in the end of WWII in 1945...we had the capability but we waited:)

10. It's bound to happen sooner or later.

I voted in our lifetime, but I'm back and forth between weather it'll be in my lifetime or not.

Either way, it's going to happen, its just a matter of when.

11. I've never trusted those Germans either. They're just been biding their time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 4 years with the techonology, but not enough means to end the world, I'm sure.

13. i think that it will happen in the sense that the world will see nearly total destruction. But before the worlds leading nations can all become a part, koreas nukes, the US nukes and well shit, just anywhere with nukes will bomb the shit out of eachother

i hope it doesnt happen but it will inevitably will

14. #14 tyrone biggums, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009
    obviously the new world war has already begun in a way since the energy wars have already begun.
    china uses too much oil for us to sustain how we have been for the past 50 years, this is why we go into the mid east looking for energy/oil profits. china is now about at the point we were at after ww2, in the 1950s when a lot of highway infrastructure and general work was done all around the country. all the work pulled millions of americans out of poverty, and since we had money we spent it and were strengthening the economy and the infrastructure of the country at the same time. this is what china is doing now.

we will be probably at war with china within our lifetimes, and every country between us and them will need to pick a side. one reason we are in Iraq is the same reason we protect israel when they do nothing but take from us. we need a foot hold in the middle east. either for oil or the unavoidable war with the chinese, or both.

world war 2 was a great fuckin war. imagine how insane ww3 would be. will we nuke the whole planet? who knows. tune in next week..

Mutual Assured Destruction would probably be the outcome, since CHina has had nukes and ICBMs since 1993-9 they could easily launch a barrage of nukes in their last few hours in control of the country and trigger a MAD scenario in which everyone died. forever.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lol.

Are you serious? I know you're sarcastic about alot of things and passionate about others but if you're serious you need a tin foil hat.

16. #16 tyrone biggums, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009
    we didnt have a completed/tested nuclear bomb till late 44. even then we didnt know if it would work since we only tested one kind of nuke(fatman, an implosion type nuke) once, and the gun type[little boy] had not been tested at all.

we had no sufficent targets to drop the bombs on before that, anyway. where would we drop em? Iwo Jiima? a shitty little island that wasnt in any kind of contact with tokyo that would be destroyed before they knew we had the bomb? no. we neeed a place in main land japan to drop these bombs to show them we werent fucking around.

millions of western millitary would have been killed if we invaded japan on foot like we did at normandy on d-day. i for one am glad we dropped them. the japanese were horrible to the POWs and worked hundreds of thousands to death in the slave camps, or just executed them. fuck em.

oh and einstein didnt even write that letter, he just endorsed it with his signature so it would get to FDR's desk asap after getting/reading it from the two young ?polish? scientists. he thought the theory was sound and that if anyone should have a weapon that powerful it should be us, and not the nazis since he was aware of germanys own nuclear program, but was unaware of its full implications untill he read the letter.
    do some googling for more background, cant remember the names of the two gentlemen that gave him the letter. although i do know they fled nazi occupied europe because at least one of them was jewish.

17. I have some bad vibes about our future. I hope and pray that things will be OK but that is not the way I honestly expect things to turn out.

[​IMG]

18. I don't think so man. You really think their done rampaging across europe? I don't think so.

[ame="http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1159649884ZmEKPe"]Schindler's List 2: Schindler's Pissed | Veoh Video Network[/ame]

19. I mean. They do have the coolest looking firearms. But I just don't think they have another global domination spree left in them.

It's France's turn anyways , right?

• Like Like x 1
  20. I cant choose any of those options, because I have no idea when it will happen. All I know is that another world war is inevitable.