Will the smell permeate through walls???

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by GroProdigy, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Hey guys quick question,
    I have a 4x8 tent and a 4x4 tent and I live in a condo. This condo is sort of like an apartment though. I have someone who lives above and the condo hallway is adjacent to my grow room. I really want to get rid of these grow tents. They work good but I’m ready to step my game up. Before I make this move I need to know. Is the smell possible to permeate or basically seep through the pores of the wall up into my neighbors apartment bedroom above me? Or the hallway ? I’m alll bout keeping things quiet and don’t need anyone smelling fressh flower. The plan would be to totally seal the room any cracks etc then paint white I will have a carbon filter scrubbing the room into a closet I calll a lung room or hot box and the air in that closet goes into my house and recirculates back into the room after it goes through the house. What is your suggestion should I take the risk will I be ok or stick with the tent city ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Depending how well the building was build and how well they taped and finished the drywall, weed smell is very distinctive and very strong and persistent in flower if you don’t live In your own building a carbon filter sucking the air out of said room is ur best option

• Like Like x 1
  3. I too rent but can only address sharing a floor and/or cieling with someone as I do not share walls with any neighbors only my floor is shared with my downstairs neighbor i grow in 2nd bedroom no tents no air scrubber and no complaints

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah the floor to ceiling probably isn’t so much an issue, wall to wall shouldn’t really be either I just know there’s no insulation between interior walls, between floors there is.

• Like Like x 1
  5. So say I do away with the tents get a bigger in-line fan and carbon scrubber and just scrub the whole room. Your saying that the positive air pressure from the scrubbing will keep any smells from being able to creep into my neighbors? Cause I do notice with a tent if you keep the carbon filter on smells DOESNT co e from the intake vents at the bottom.

6. Thanks for your input

7. I’m not entirely sure about scrubbers, I just know if you have the right filter, and the right fan sucking through that filter, taking all the air from the grow room out through the filter.. it won’t smell. I know nothing of a scrubber bucket but I know carbon filters work provided they have enough suction. If I were you, and you have room to spare. Build a grow room in that room.. that’s what I would do atleast. Build a flower room veg room and some clone boxes out of two by fours and sum reflective insulation from the home improvement store and then put a carbon filter on that. Run the filter ducting after the filter. to your lung room u were talking about.

8. I grew 4 plants in my condo in an apartment building too. I had 2 in a tent and 2 in my bedroom's closet. This was the most stressful part of my life to be honest. it wasnt legal to grow cannabis at the time and the whole block smelled like weed. There was nothing i could do.

I didn't have ventilation nor a carbon filter over my plants though. I tried to keep my doors shut but with the humidity from the plants, paint started to peel off of the ceiling and walls, so i kept my bedroom door open... One door between your condo and the hallway isnt enough to keep your block from smelling like a weed jungle. Make sure everything is airtight or if you have a fan that you got negative air pressure in your grow room so no odors can come out !

Good luck buddy

• Informative Informative x 1