will the plant die...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kiteboarder88, Oct 16, 2007.

1. if i pick some bud early?
    i have alot of red hairs and trichs and prolly have like a a little over a week left until final hravest.
    and i want to pick some bud to have for this weekend :smoke:
    will the plant die if i do this or will the other buds still grow?

2. nah it'll be just fine, cut from the lower branches, some little ones.

3. i would just let the bud grow my friend you still have to cure it you cant really just pick and smoke and curing takes a while

but the plant wouldnt die if you picked a few but dont do it in my opinion, but its your girl so do as you please.

good luck ;)

4. hey thanks guys for the quick response:D

yea im just gonna take me small ones from the bottom
    and as for the curing process i think im gonna pick it tonight and hang them up to dry for 2 days and paperbag them on friday or can i just paperbag them right away?overall whats the fastest way to get them decently dry? could i dehydrate them with a food dehydrater? or jar them or what?
    when you hang them to dry will they smell mad dank or can i do it in my closet?
    i live at home with my parents and prefered they didnt knw:cool:

5. Hi all, new here. Good question about using a food dehydrator, I was going to ask that question myself, I just didn't want to create a new thread in hopes that there might be a thread on that. Does anyone out there use a dehydrator?:rolleyes: Your parents are going to smell something from that plant you are growing in the closet:)

6. 2 days will get them pretty dry if its smaller buds, after that do some shit like, put a real thin bit of tissue over the bud and take a hairdryer too it, done it a few times myself lol.

7. I think a food dehydrator would prolly take to much of the water out curing is all about time and while it would work ur weed would turn to dust very quickly after.

8. Drying takes 4-5 days
    Curing takes 14-15 days

That said, you'll be fine just bagging them after a couple days of drying, as long as they arent moist enough to grow mold, you're pretty much fine to do whatever you want after the first couple days