Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will the hospital find THC in my blood while searching for reason of high blood pressure?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tophill3, Aug 2, 2015.

1. They have already drawn blood which I'm almost positive I would have passed anyway, i'm just wondering if I should not smoke for the remainder of the testings to come. I'm having an EKG done on me in a week and a half and that is my next time that I'm having any testing done. Also high blood pressure runs in my family if that helps with anything. :p

2. i dont see why it would matter either way

3. They won't be checking for it. Even if they did, which they won't, it doesn't matter. They can't do anything with the information

4. No, that's not what they're testing for. I work in the industry and I guarantee they are not testing for drugs. First of all it's not relevant to your diagnosis and therefore they can't get paid by insurance for it. Second, 99% of the time clinical labs test for drugs using urinalysis, not blood. Hope that helps.

5. Thanks guys I appreciate it. I kind of had this idea that they wouldn't be testing for it since they have to test for certain things but I wasn't sure if it's a part of blood pressure testing. Thanks :)