Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will stems get you high? Official verdict.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jamw1221, Dec 19, 2015.

1. #1 Jamw1221, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
    Hello fellow tokers! Everybody has heard this question, and if you're like me, you've heard almost every answer possible. "Yes, no, only headaches, small buzz from asphyxiation due to the excess smoke", etc etc. I usually smoke 1-2 bowls a night for the last 6 months, however the last five days I have been doing a tolerance break. Instead of smoking my bud, I will test this age old question and toke up with 1 bowl of stems, and then I will reply with the updates! Do you guys have any predictions on what will happen? Or any personal experiences with only smoking stems? Let's do this, For science!

<strong class='bbc'>Conclusion</strong>: It consisted of a very small high, with a feeling of well being, however it faded very quickly and after 30 minutes I am now almost sober. If you're very desperate and don't have bud, i would consider it worth it, however these are the results after a 5-day tolerance break. I would say if you have enough, make a tea, if not, smoking will (barely) suffice.

Edit: it is 1:43AM, I decided to use a homemade water bong instead of my bowl so I could capture all of the smoke into the bottle without any burning straight into the air. It tasted pretty strong, it wasn't a horrible taste but it was enough to make me not want to take another pack. I will edit in around 10 minutes to report if I'm feeling the effects.

Edit2: it is 1:53AM And I am feeling very scarce effects. I have very light ear ringing and and overall feeling of comfortability. Mentally, I feel as if it has not altered my thought process. I will update more a little later.

Edit3: 2:11 PM, I still feel a very very small buzz, however I'd almost consider myself sober now. Also I have a slight case of munchies. Not the full onslaught of eating your entire pantry.

2. Yes I smoked some stems and resin using my herb iron a few hours ago and I have a slight buzz still. Not the best but it was something.

3. Buy some bud ya cheapskate!

4. sounds like placebo

5. All parts of cannabis plant have some (very little) THC. Stems smell horrible

6. no it's not. So go somewhere else with your high horse.
    um just ran out. Going to get somemore when I get paid. Why does everyone with bud feel like they are better. Lol. Fuck I miss the old gc.

7. I was joking, I don't.

8. stems can get you high, but it takes a bunch, and it is a nasty-tasting process. i'd rather hit resin any day. my neighbor swears by stems for when she's dry, always asking for my stems since i just toss them.

9. Ok lol had a feeling you were

10. #10 Father Ted, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
    It's a cultural difference that's all. It's the kind of thing I would say to all my mates whenever they were saying they weren't getting something eh weed normally......its about all I do socially these days lol....or what I do do also enjoys weed...they're all potheads too mostly.

11. Yes stems do have thc but not enough for people with higher tolerances

12. Collect your stems and sift them with a silk screen. I always save mine and when I get about an ounce of stem I throw them in my sand box then just smoke the kief. Way better than smoking all that wood.

13. this is probably the best advice I've heard for stems. Either use the Keif or make some tea when you have enough.

14. I just smoked one bowl of stems from my bong. I am blazed, I tell you hwat.
    They were some really frosty stems from good bud. Still even smelled like the bud long past when I had them. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455020898.130544.jpg
    The buds in question.
    I thought what the hell may as well not waste it, and it turned out to be not bad at all. Even tasted fine with no headache.

15. When I was a newbie stoner, I would smoke stems when I was dry. It always tasted pretty gross and wasn't even close to as effective as bud.

But nowadays I never smoke stems. The taste and low potency aren't worth it. When I'm dry, I just buy more bud.

16. In my experience they get you just as high but doesn't last as long.

17. No bowl of stems has ever been worth it ime. Tastes like burning recycled wood

18. You guys are doing it wrong.

Gotta leave the stem in your mouth and suck on it like a lollipop. All the concentrated THC is stuck in the inner side of the stem. Srs.

19. You'd have to decarb it first to get any thc to be active.

20. My bad dude, please no one take my comment seriously. I was just joking. I would probably go with Atticspace's comment though. Hold on to your old stems and do a dry sift on them.