Will Sports Ever End?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Kingmvp420, Jul 9, 2014.

1. bros im reallllyyy high rinnow and I had a crazy ass thought

Will sports like ever just stop? If so how? Do you think sports will evolve so much in 1000s of years that the present teams wont be even recognized? ???

Woah

Sent from my SM-T217S using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. The Red Sox won the World Series? I thought that was just a 1,000 year old legend grandpa?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #3 TimothyTheFirst, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    eh.  eventually everything will end.

but I mean, I don't think sports as we know them will end in the remotely foreseeable future.  sports are big business, and they're engrained into society.  I think in a way it's human nature to compete.

I suppose in hundreds of years people might play different sports, but I wouldn't say for sure.  Cause we aren't watching people fight lions in colliseums anymore, but at the same time roman gladiators weren't a billion dollar business (dollars didn't exist back then but you know what I mean.)

I guess on a smaller scale you can see it now though.  100 years ago horse racing was a big deal.  now people only pretend to care about it once or twice a year, while UFC has become really popular in the past decade.

4. I don't see what the point of watching sport when you can go out side and do it yourself?

5. I work in the Sports and Entertainment industry. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. There is always money and interest in this field and that's just it, you have multiple million/billionaires who own not only the teams but the venues as well. Stan Kroenke, who owns the Nuggets, Avalanche, Rapids... also owns Pepsi Center and Dicks Sporting Goods Park. As do many other team owners. It's been a pretty crazy ass business to work in. 

6. Not with humans running the planet. They're has always been sport of some sort throughout history.

7. No, "sports" will never end but they do evolve. For example back in the medieval times soldiers used to play futbol (soccer) with their enemy's heads.

And gladiators in my opinion has evolved into boxing, mma, kickboxing, etc. So I guess you can say we've become more civilized....

But to dig deeper into the picture, the reason why sports are so highly watched is because of the media. They entertain the masses with meaningless events, to distracting you from the real issues we have in society.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405099569.136892.jpg