Will Soap-Spray kill my plants?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GigZ-16, Mar 11, 2008.

1. I have eight 3-week old cannabis plants under fluorescents in my grow room. Everything there is okay except I got a few bug bites in my leaves. The fuckers devoured my one plants main leafing bud and its all deformed on its tip. I took everything out and washed it out with bleach-water before putting it back in its new clean room. Now I am just using a spray bottle to mist the tops and bottoms of the leaves with a soap-water mix till the leaves droop. I do this twice a day. Is there anything else I can do to stop them? Will the soap in the water damage my plants over time? How long should I keep misting?

2. No they will be fine. Just make sure you mist a good 2 hours before the light turns on or anytime at night as not to get light burn.

3. Oh, I've been misting with a 24/0 Photo period. My fan has the leaves completely dry in 10 minutes though. I'll have to get a timer so I don't stress the plants with irregular dark periods so I can spray them down.
    Thanks for the advice.

4. Yeah at least turn the lights off at that time. If that spray hits any hot bulb it could break it. Don't worry about erratic light during veg. Turning it off for a few minutes even if at different times every day won't hurt it.

5. I'm not using HPS or anything. I use fluoro tubes. Nothing gets that hot in the room.

6. CFL tubes should not be sprayed when hot. They too can burst and the shit inside them is poisonous. Not saying you will spray them but, spraying these things indoors should be done very carefully.