Will smoking weed affect bronchitis?

Discussion in 'General' started by 2packush420, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Well, lately I've been sick and coughing and all this shit. So I took a rare trip to the doctor to see what was up. Turns out I have bronchitis. He prescribed me some medicine I have to take for the next 5 days. I asked him if I could still smoke weed and he gave me this BS about how smoking weed is more dangerous than cigarettes and it will kill me if I continue to use(idk how he got his medical degree)

Anyways, is it ok if I toke or not?

2. #2 Weedity, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
    Yeah first off smoking cigarettes kills cilia in the lungs, which means your lungs can't clean themselves. Cannabis only paralyzes the cilias and they do continue to function later. Stupid doctor.

My call would be to smoke only a little amount, and if you can try to make an edible or vape it! Combustion itself is not good for the lungs, but you should be okay. Cannabis actually opens up airways in the lungs, so maybe you can cough out the shit stuck in their easier! Weed is considered a decongestant! 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks. Lol, I knew the doctor was a dumbass when he told me smoking weed would kill me, Smh. I didn't know some people were so ignorant in this day and age.

I don't have a vape, but I'm open to edibles. I've had them before, never made them though. Any recipes you suggest?

• Like Like x 1
  4. The fact that he said it could kill is fucking insane.... :eek:

5. That's what I said. I told him that no one has ever died from marijuana use in the 1000's of years it's been used. He replies with " where did you get that from, a stoner site? Look kid, I'm a doctor, I know what I'm talking about. marijuana kills more people than cigarettes and alcohol combined"

I didn't feel like arguing with an idiot, so I just didn't respond. Was lmfao in my head at how dumb he sounded.

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you smoke enough weed when you have bronchitis, you will turn into an airplane. This also happens if you have the flu, strep throat, or any other time you smoke weed.

You probably won't die, though. Doctors these days, smh. 

7. Yea i have bronchitis right now. I smoke cigs and pot. I have to take the smallest puffs so im not coughing up a lung afterwards. Smoked alot last night and after being completely ripped it didnt hurt as much to continue smoking but paid for it this morning, had to grab an inhaler. Vapeing still hurt but not as much, take it easy if you do smoke. Bongs over pipes imo.

8. #9 Apple Jacks, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
    [quote name="2packush420" post="19101263" timestamp="1386190686"]Thanks. Lol, I knew the doctor was a dumbass when he told me smoking weed would kill me, Smh. I didn't know some people were so ignorant in this day and age. I don't have a vape, but I'm open to edibles. I've had them before, never made them though. Any recipes you suggest?[/quote]I saw a nice sounding peanut butter recipe floating around GC that i wanna try for simplicity.Sorry for double post.

9. Bronchitis is translated to inflammation of the bronchial tube. Smoking will irritate it. Smoking weed that is. Bronchitis is one of the worst side effects of weed, it just causes a minor inflammation in the throat.If you're lookin for edible recipes, check out the edibles subforum here and a sticky in that section from badkatsmilies. It's pretty thorough and makes some consistent potent shit.

10. i honestly wouldn't smoke with bronchitis. i would vape, but not smoke.. 

11. [quote name="Trafizz" post="19101610" timestamp="1386194869"]i honestly wouldn't smoke with bronchitis. i would vape, but not smoke.. [/quote]Yea its not the smartest, takes longer to get over it. Can turn it into pneumonia. Im going back to Dr cuz my cough wont go away (3weeks). Having stopped smoking id prolly be fine.

12. Actually, your bronchitis was probably a result of smoking marijuana. Its been proven that smoking weed leads to bronchitis along with a series of other medical issues like brain atrophy, sterility, and less resistance to infectious disease. It's also been proven that weed smoke can actually contain up to 70% more cancer causing components than cigarette smoke. These are all long-term effects of smoking weed. Short-term effects, aside from the obvious ones like loss of short-term memory and hindered learning processes, include tachycardia, increased heart attack for a day after you've smoked, and amotivational syndrome (characterized by dullness, apathy, loss of motivation, and disinterest in the future, for all you lazy stoners out there). So yes many many people do die from an overlying cause of smoking marijuana.