Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will smoking inside set off the fire alarm?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by herny, Mar 30, 2012.

1. I want to smoke with my door closed, no windows open but im not sure if this would set off the fire alarm in my room? i would be using a small pipe. would it smell really bad?

2. Take the battery out homes. Don't necessarily thin it will smell bad, but it will definitely smell like your smoking dope!! ;p

3. No.

The smoke from cigarettes and cannabis isn't high enough temperature to melt the sensor.

Even if you blew the smoke right at it.

Youd think hotel rooms would have alarms every night, they don't.

4. Shower cap.

5. Depends on how big your room is. Even when I used to face half a gram bowls by myself and smoke up the room, I wouldn't ever set off the fire alarm that is right above my bed, and would just typically blow it the opposite direction.

If your room isn't excessively small, it should be okay, but get too confident and think that there's nothing that'll set off your fire alarm, cause I smoked in my room for years and thought that it was almost ineffective until I forget about it completely and it went off late one night while I was vaporizing close to it.

Breathed the vapor out right in front of my face, and watched it drift up towards the ceiling directed right for the alarm. Thought to myself, there's no way in hell the fire alarm will even notice vapor. Took like 3 minutes in my high state of mind to get over the horrible sound and figure out how to turn it off.

6. do you think if i closed the door the smell would go into the hallway?

7. Towel under the door..

8. Nope. My room is pretty big (in the basement) and I have 2 haha never set one off and I've had it pretty cloudy don there.

9. Depends on your door.

Use a towel to block drafts.

10. also this might sound like a stupid question but how loud is a lighter? i have a sleep machine in my room pretty loud so im not sure if the lighter or me lightly coughing would be loud enough to hear in hallway

11. Do you live with your parents? Apartment? Details homey..

12. parents

13. People have already discussed the fire alarm issue but your room or whatever will smell like stale weed body odor. I was visiting my friend up at his college. He has his own little studio that he smokes in. We burned for a few hours came back and that shit smelt hell gross and stale and musty. Your going to NEED some sort of air flow during/right after you smoke to get the smell out. This also depends how much your smoking/what your smoking

14. A small fan/ionizer type things works very well.

When I lived with parents I did that, mixed with carbon sploof or blew the smoke out WITH draft (usually top of window, not middle or bottom) instead of blowing into the wind BACK into my room.

I was an observant fellow I was.

15. Lighters aren't that loud, but at night in an empty house the sound can travel.

if you're worried, get a push button lighter instead of one with a wheel/flint wheel.

16. Or put on your tv man. When people are concerned with the sound of a lighter they are either fighting in Vietnam or high and paranoid as fuck.. :hello:

17. Heres an idea you can try.

Get matches, hemp wick, and a candle

Light the candle with the match

Light the hemp wick with the candle

Thats what I do. Makes no noise and it makes the room smell better is the candle is scented

18. This is a very good technique. Kudos to you good sir. Happy to know that I will definately do this myself now. Quiet and inconspicuous. So we can doo that. Yeah? Okay man sounds fucking marvellous. But right now American Dad is on and I'm gonna go play some minecraft. Bye dude have a good night with your candles. SMOKING!

Edit: Sorry guys just that through. I'm just really high now since: http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/1025549-ill-take-hit-you-if-you-reply.html

19. well obviously the OP is paranoid. He lives at home, his parents live across the hall.

I wouldn't be that paranoid. but obviously he is.

20. I plan on smoking right before i go to bed so im not really concerned with the smell...i could just open a window and then open it again in the morning if it really smells that bad