Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will smoking help with my flu symptoms?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Deleted member 699232, Aug 1, 2017.

1. #1 Deleted member 699232, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2017
    Woke up atleast 8 times every hour last night, in a cold sweat, with aches and pains all over with added nausea. I'm doing finals all this week at school, and need to make it through the day. Has anyone heard of MJ helping with flu symptoms or helping to slow/ halt the progression of a sickness? (Any MEDICAL STUDIES on the effects of CBD/ THC on colds and flus?)

2. LMGTFY
    Looks like it can help

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Probably isn't a good idea to smoke anything while sick with a virus.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not at all....sorry

smoking is the worst as in most cases

those tiny hairs that protect you from bugs and viri are killed by smoking

maybe some aspirin and lemon tea

I'd use the opportunity to lower my tolerance

and drink whiskey instead

just a nip

good luck

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yea but what I'm really looking for is hard proof and valid sources on cannibis's effects on viruses. Plus nobody would have anything to post if they went to google for answers on everything.

6. It'll help you even if you have Syphilis symptoms. Go ahead

7. No it will just rip the lungs up more than the hacking

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nope, sorry. The only feeling it will take away is the nausea, but it may burn the hell out of your lungs. I've also found if you continue to smoke while sick, you can make a sickness last longer, I had a regular cold and I kept smoking daily (it makes sense because you're reusing a pipe with old sick germs on the mouthpiece, plus smoke going in probably isn't good, I'm sure if you could avoid the smoking part and use an edible instead, you'd be A-okay) thru it all and it turned a regular cold to bronchitis and it last 2 wks or longer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. no way when i smoke i feel even worse when i get sick. combustion of any substance and inhaling the burning fumes of anything will not be good for the lungs and if you are sick will make you feel worse in my own experience. never tried a tea or edibles maybe that will help. but in my own experience i would not smoke again when i get sick. even if i just wanted to go back to sleep.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Weed could help but smoking won't. I use my vape if sick, or edibles.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Definately gonna try to vape. no smoking when sick makes complete sense.

12. READ BEFORE YOU ASSUME IT DOESN'T
    HELP

Hey man don't listen to all these replies they are basing their information on physical feelings and assumption not science. Of course it's going to hurt your throat when you smoke, you have a sore throat... it will do the same thing when you drink water or eat that doesn't mean water or food is bad for you it simply means your throat is sore and it will feel agitated when disturbed. Take a look at this...

Diminishing Suffering from Colds and Flu with Medical Marijuana