Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will smoking help my hangover?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Dizzzyyy, Jan 6, 2014.

1. i just woke up feeling like shit. just wondering will smoking right now help?

2. #2 XCITED, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
    Yes smoking weed tends to make the hangover more bearable. Cannabis is often described to cancer patients, this is because it cures their feelings of nausea. It will do the same for you and your hangover. However I would recommend you don't smoke too much, you don't want to be stoned and hungover. Just buzzing. 

Goodluck, Hangovers suck.     :cry:

It depends on how hungover you are. If your head is swimming and you still feel kinda drunk you'll likely regret lighting up. Ever get drunk, smoke some weed and then get the spins really bad? That can happen the next morning too.

4. My hangover remedy consists of 3 Excedrin (the kind with acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine in it), a 32 oz gatoraide, and a bowl or two of some good indica. Usually does the trick.Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. It Normally helps me but I'm a bit different when it comes to hangovers.

6. Smoking bud will help make any possible situation better that I can think of... except if I was trying to quit smoking bud. Or if you have a low tolerance and get questioned by police or something.

So the answer is yes.

7. Smoking helps hangovers for me. If you have nausea, then drink some milk. It will balance the acids that are in your stomach. Some Tylenol will kill a headache and above all else drink tons of water. Alcohol makes you very dehydrated.But like the guy above me said, if you went really ham and still feel drunk/have the spins, weed will magnify the shittyness by 10 fold

8. Always makes me feel better to smoke when hungover.  It alleviates a lot of the drowsy-headache-spins/ dizzy feelings. 

9. Best way to avoid a hangover, is to choose a better drug to begin with. Their is no replacement for THC ;)

10. [quote name="HighFoSho" post="19290426" timestamp="1389024105"]Best way to avoid a hangover, is to choose a better drug to begin with. Their is no replacement for THC ;)[/quote]Although it's cheaper, legal, more wildly available, and a much different drug than cannabis.

11. Maybe, it varies from person to person.

12. From my experience, it definitely depends on the severity of the hangover. If you feel dehydrated and a little intoxicated the morning after, it is best to wait until later in the afternoon or night to light up. Gotta replenish your body with vitamins and water!

13. If I wake up with a hangover I generally drink a couple glasses of water and burn one. I don't know if the weed helps the hangover per se, but it helps me get back to sleep which definitely does help with the hangover.

14. Smoking weed is a perfect hangover cure! You're relieved of your nausea and headaches, and then the munchies kick in which allows you to eat bacon (the second best hangover cure).

15. I spent 25 years as a bartender and the best cure for a hangover is to smoke/vape Cannabis, both before and after and leave the booze alone.

A hangover is your body's way of telling you why you don't want to over do drinking.
    Pay attention to it.

16. Haha yeah dude first and only time I've thrown up in college was when I started drinking at 3pm then got retardedly blazed (multiple blunts and joints) once I was beyond hammered. Did not feel good at all. 

lol I've been there. Definitely no fun. These days I mostly stick to the weed and just have a couple drinks. It's the legal drugs that'll kill you.

18. Yeah dude that was one of the few times I ever drank, now I'm tee-total

19. For sure it will. I use it to make me eat something and I drink a big Gatorade and some water. Take ibuprofen. Smoke a normal size bowl and fall asleep for 5 hours. Wake up feeling decent

20. #20 Megadeth420, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
    i smoke every morning before i even get out of bed, it always makes me feel better lol