Will Smith, apparently the greatest man ever.

Discussion in 'General' started by 4tuen, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Am I the only one who's noticed that every single movie Will Smith is in, it's about him being better then everybody else in that movie in one way or another?

Even his son is getting into it with that karate kid remake bullshit.

I can't be the only one.

2. Well he's usually the protagonist.

3. I'm not his biggest fan

4. Yeah he seems a lot more pretentious now

5. Eddie Van Halen is the greatest man ever

Or Tom Petty

6. There is no way you are the only person to think this. The characters aren't all exactly the same, though, just similar. Like how he is the smart, strong hero. There are small variations from this, such as when he's an alien outcast that everyone hates at first, or when he got knocked out b Frazier, or when he got caught in a trap and had to kill his dog. But they can be pretty much summed up by him knocking out an extra terrestrial with a one hitter quitter, after his fighter plane crashed, after he managed to kill all of ETs mates that were chasing him. "Welcome to Earth".

7. Gonna take a chance and step on some toes here. It seems to be a black actor trend in Hollywood where black man gets white man and is the hero. Runaway train with denzel washington, django unchained with jaime foxx. I am legend with will smith (he saved the world in that movie). Can you think of any more?

8. Every movie that comes to mind when I think "Will Smith"
    (Describing them very loosely)

Bad Boys 1 and 2: he's the best cop and has it over his partner the whole time.

Men in Black 1, 2 and 3: he's the greatest thing to ever happen to the MIB, and saves the world, just by being him.

I Am Legend: he's a crack shot-genius that was for some reason immune to the virus and ends up saving the world.

Independence Day: he's just an all-around machine in that one. Saves the world.

That's just off the top of my head.

And I realise he's usually the protagonist but, c'mon?

9. #9 Bronx Finest, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2013
    No in the pursuit of happiness he was a bum sleeping in train station bathroomsSent from my Prism using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Not really a good example, he overcomes all that adversity to be a wall street broker and is considered better than other people because he did it with less than they did while raising a child.

11. #11 Serenity, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
    Wasnt' K pretty much the better one MIB, but then kinda passed the torch on to will? Idk. 

12. Kind of an outlier for him, but your right, and I actually enjoyed that movie

13. Or Bon Scott

Or Jim Morrison

Or Jimmy Page

Or Jimi Hendrix

Or Roger Walters

I'm sure my list is longer than this...I'm just too tired to think of any more at the moment. Coffee time. :cool:

14. woll smoth tho

[​IMG]

15. Rep for you sir

16. what the fuck has Will Smith done for my life? I mean I love the dude and "The Fresh Prince" you know what Im sayin but definately hasn't contributed like other souls have to be actually beneficial to my body, mind, spirit or soul.